Leonardo Weiss

Prominent
Jan 21, 2021
First of all, forgive my english, im brazilian... hope you guys understand. Well, i bought a new pc for video editing, but im having some issues building this machine.

In this pc i have three rgb itens connected to the motherboard.
-cpu fan
-ram
-2 fan cases

The cpu fan and ram is working really great, but the 2 fan cases are not working well. the lights on these parts turn on, but only in red and green color.

Ive already tried this lot of possibilities: -update bios. -reset CMOS. -turn on using the case lighting controller. -try another header. -try change the color using different softwares like RGB fusion, Cooler Master Portal, Jack Net RGB. (This three softwares dont even recognize the fans).

Im really sick of that. if you guys know how resolve my problem, ill be really glad and eternally grateful.

Im suspecting a lot that ive f* my rgb by making wrong connections, when i was trying to turn the lights on.
But on the other hand the lights was working properly before i`ve connected to the motherboard.

Thanks in advance.

-Specs
Motherboard: Aorus B450 Elite V2
(the official mobo site ensures that rgb sync works with this case)
manual: https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_b450-aorus-elite-v2_e.pdf
Case/fans: Cooler Master K500
manual: https://coolermaster.egnyte.com/dl/h20dGy9Cfn/?

Solution
The posts above focus on using the D_LED headers of your mobo, and their associated voltage setting jumpers. And I gather that is where your fans are plugged in.

WHY!!?? The website for that case AND its manual show that all the fans as well as the CPU cooler system that IS working correctly are PLAIN RGB and NOT the Addressable RGB type. Look closely at the female connectors (with holes) on the ends of the lighting cables from the fans that are giving you trouble. I fully expect they have FOUR holes in them. That is the plain RGB system which supplies via those four a common +12 VDC power line and three Ground lines for the three colours. The ARGB system that uses a THREE-pin connector supplies +5 VDC, one Ground, (a blanked-off hole...

Leonardo Weiss

Prominent
Jan 21, 2021
Hey nemesia!

-Im using a D_LED header, in the product manual says is for addressable leds. Does that means it works with ARGB fans? -Yes! it comes with a ARGB controller, and it was working really well before i connected the fans to the motherboard. After that, even connected to the motherboard or to the controller, the only colors its working is red and green.

My actually problem is: How can i change the colors? while the software doesn't even recognize the fan rgbs.

Hey nemesia!

-Im using a D_LED header, in the product manual says is for addressable leds. Does that means it works with ARGB fans? -Yes! it comes with a ARGB controller, and it was working really well before i connected the fans to the motherboard. After that, even connected to the motherboard or to the controller, the only colors its working is red and green.

My actually problem is: How can i change the colors? while the software doesn't even recognize the fan rgbs.

That D_LED header is for a 5V-12V LED Strip. Not for a fan. If the DLED_V_SW1 jumper on your board was set to 12V and you plugged that 5V fan on the header you probably damaged the fans. I have no idea if plugging a ARGB fan in a 5V-12V LED strip header when the DLED_V_SW1 is set to 5V is ok but it seems like it wasn't in your case.

If the fans plugged to the controller doesn't work like before anymore they are probably damaged.

Reactions: Leonardo Weiss

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
The posts above focus on using the D_LED headers of your mobo, and their associated voltage setting jumpers. And I gather that is where your fans are plugged in.

WHY!!?? The website for that case AND its manual show that all the fans as well as the CPU cooler system that IS working correctly are PLAIN RGB and NOT the Addressable RGB type. Look closely at the female connectors (with holes) on the ends of the lighting cables from the fans that are giving you trouble. I fully expect they have FOUR holes in them. That is the plain RGB system which supplies via those four a common +12 VDC power line and three Ground lines for the three colours. The ARGB system that uses a THREE-pin connector supplies +5 VDC, one Ground, (a blanked-off hole / missing pin), and a Digital Control Line. When you plug your plain RGB lights into a the D_LED header, it gets all the wrong signals, and you get your result.

I doubt you have damaged your lights. What you do need to do, though, is change where you connect them. To do this you will need a 4-pin plain RGB Splitter, like this

https://www.amazon.com/TronicsPros-Splitter-Cable-Connector-Ribbon/dp/B01ACC13VA/ref=sxin_9_ac_d_rm?ac_md=2-2-cmdiIHNwbGl0dGVyIDEgdG8gMw==-ac_d_rm&cv_ct_cx=RGB+Splitter&dchild=1&keywords=RGB+Splitter&pd_rd_i=B01ACC13VA&pd_rd_r=205e8e2d-b33f-471d-b8a5-fcf4cc6dbdcd&pd_rd_w=06fCZ&pd_rd_wg=3EwV6&pf_rd_p=e8fe1770-368d-4f3a-9196-c44d9c45be8c&pf_rd_r=9MD4EJJY6TMS3Y1BE4T8&psc=1&qid=1611282629&sr=1-3-12d4272d-8adb-4121-8624-135149aa9081

That is not exactly what you need, but it would work for you. It is a 2-pack, and you only need one. And each gives you three output arms, but I think you have only two fans' lights to connect. You can buy other similar units, that's just one example. And while you may not be shopping with Amazon in the USA, you should be able to find items like this. The important thing is that it has FOUR holes and pins, and the spacing of them matches the way your connectors are.

Note something else about that example, because you may see this when you shop. It is made with female connectors (with holes) on every arm, but you need MALE output connectors. That is why the cables come with "gender-changer" adapter items you plug into the females on the three output arms to convert them to male.

Now, note something important about the plain RGB connector system (and you have done this right with your CPU cooler). At each cable, AND on the mobo header, the pin (or hole) on one end is marked, often with a triangle or arrow. That is the +12 VDC power supply line. At every connection point you MUST match those up.

So, where to connect on your board? See your mobo manual, p. 12, item #6, the LED_C header. It is located at the bottom edge right next to one of the D_LED headers you used by mistake. See manual p. 14, and note that it has FIVE pins. That is so it can also be used for an uncommon early version that also used White LED's and required an extra Ground line. But for your use, just plug in there. When you use your 4-hole female connector from the Splitter with the marked 12 VDC hole on Pin #1 of the header, it simply will not use Pin #5. Then plug the lighting cables from your fans into the male outputs of the Splitter, matching the 12 VDC lines.

Solution

WHY!!?? The website for that case AND its manual show that all the fans as well as the CPU cooler system that IS working correctly are PLAIN RGB and NOT the Addressable RGB type. Look closely at the female connectors (with holes) on the ends of the lighting cables from the fans that are giving you trouble. I fully expect they have FOUR holes in them. That is the plain RGB system which supplies via those four a common +12 VDC power line and three Ground lines for the three colours. The ARGB system that uses a THREE-pin connector supplies +5 VDC, one Ground, (a blanked-off hole / missing pin), and a Digital Control Line. When you plug your plain RGB lights into a the D_LED header, it gets all the wrong signals, and you get your result.

I doubt you have damaged your lights. What you do need to do, though, is change where you connect them. To do this you will need a 4-pin plain RGB Splitter, like this

https://www.amazon.com/TronicsPros-Splitter-Cable-Connector-Ribbon/dp/B01ACC13VA/ref=sxin_9_ac_d_rm?ac_md=2-2-cmdiIHNwbGl0dGVyIDEgdG8gMw==-ac_d_rm&cv_ct_cx=RGB+Splitter&dchild=1&keywords=RGB+Splitter&pd_rd_i=B01ACC13VA&pd_rd_r=205e8e2d-b33f-471d-b8a5-fcf4cc6dbdcd&pd_rd_w=06fCZ&pd_rd_wg=3EwV6&pf_rd_p=e8fe1770-368d-4f3a-9196-c44d9c45be8c&pf_rd_r=9MD4EJJY6TMS3Y1BE4T8&psc=1&qid=1611282629&sr=1-3-12d4272d-8adb-4121-8624-135149aa9081

That is not exactly what you need, but it would work for you. It is a 2-pack, and you only need one. And each gives you three output arms, but I think you have only two fans' lights to connect. You can buy other similar units, that's just one example. And while you may not be shopping with Amazon in the USA, you should be able to find items like this. The important thing is that it has FOUR holes and pins, and the spacing of them matches the way your connectors are.

Note something else about that example, because you may see this when you shop. It is made with female connectors (with holes) on every arm, but you need MALE output connectors. That is why the cables come with "gender-changer" adapter items you plug into the females on the three output arms to convert them to male.

Now, note something important about the plain RGB connector system (and you have done this right with your CPU cooler). At each cable, AND on the mobo header, the pin (or hole) on one end is marked, often with a triangle or arrow. That is the +12 VDC power supply line. At every connection point you MUST match those up.

So, where to connect on your board? See your mobo manual, p. 12, item #6, the LED_C header. It is located at the bottom edge right next to one of the D_LED headers you used by mistake. See manual p. 14, and note that it has FIVE pins. That is so it can also be used for an uncommon early version that also used White LED's and required an extra Ground line. But for your use, just plug in there. When you use your 4-hole female connector from the Splitter with the marked 12 VDC hole on Pin #1 of the header, it simply will not use Pin #5. Then plug the lighting cables from your fans into the male outputs of the Splitter, matching the 12 VDC lines.

There is 2 version of that case. The K500 and the K500 ARGB. If the OP is talking about ARGB I assume he has the ARGB one.

If it's not then yes...those are not ARGB. I should have seen the manual pdf was for the K500 instead of the ARGB one. That title totally mislead me there.