Question Artifacts, but only during boot ?

Sep 11, 2023
Hey everyone,

I've been encountering an issue when starting up my PC, and I'm hoping someone here can offer some insight. Sometimes, when I power on my PC, I notice these unusual red and green pixels appearing on my monitor. Some of them stay static, while others blink, and this only happens during the NZXT boot-up screen.

Here is a video of the artifacts:
View: https://youtu.be/GRp4o3gW4WA?si=OOWAH0yJrx8rvPb3

What's really puzzling is that this problem doesn't occur every time. It's sporadic at best. And here's the kicker – once Windows is loaded, there are absolutely no problems whatsoever. Gaming, regular use, everything is perfectly fine.

I've gone the extra mile to troubleshoot this. I've tried different cables, even switched to another monitor, and I've even reinstalled Windows, but the issue persists.

Here are my PC specs:
- Motherboard: NZXT N7 B650E
- GPU: GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Aero OC
- Monitor: Samsung The Space 27
- CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

Has anyone else encountered this issue or have any ideas on what might be causing it? I'm open to any suggestions or solutions you might have. Thanks in advance for your help!

Endre

Honorable
No issues when connected to mobo
Then, it's pretty clear that you have an issue with your video card.
You could try updating the BIOS of the video card.
Try looking for it on the VGA BIOS Collection TechPowerUp site.
Link:

You'll need to also download the NVFlash utility.

Sep 11, 2023
Then, it's pretty clear that you have an issue with your video card.
You could try updating the BIOS of the video card.
Try looking for it on the VGA BIOS Collection TechPowerUp site.
Link:

You'll need to also download the NVFlash utility.
I've downloaded the BIOS update from the Gigabyte website, and there are two .exe files: one for "Silent BIOS" and one for "OC BIOS." I couldn't find any instructions online. Do you happen to know what version I should install?

TRENDING THREADS