[SOLVED] As soon as i open task manager. CPU usage is high and then it dips back to normal.

Aug 20, 2020
So, I had my motherboard replaced. I installed the wrong drivers earlier and then installed the correct ones soon after. These past few days, as soon as i open task manager. CPU usage is between 60% to 80% and then dips to 1% to 10%. I thought my PC was cryptojacked. I ran malware bytes and bit defender. they found nothing. I've searched through many forums. Still i am unable to fix this issue. Please help me out. Sometimes it is system interrupts taking up a lot of CPU.
PC specs-
Ryzen 5 2400G (no overclock)
GTX 1050ti Mini (no overclock)
16GB DDR4 ram (XMP enabled)
Gigabyte B450M-H
550W PSU
128GB boot SSD
2TB HDD + 1TB HDD
Help would be very appreciated. Thank you

Solution
System interrupt is a normal process by which your CPU communicate with other hardware parts of the system. Therefore perfectly normal when starting task manager.
It's only if is this process keep using high CPU time for a long period that it might indicate a problem, as a faulty hardware mighty have problem to communicate with the CPU. But if it is a short burst when opening task manager is just normal.

SteelStruck

Prominent
Jul 31, 2020
That's pretty normal upon startup task manager generally takes up a lot of CPU resources. This is perfectly normal and unless your pc is running slow all the time you are fine. This happens to me too.

GrandSACHI

Reputable
Apr 20, 2019
System interrupt is a normal process by which your CPU communicate with other hardware parts of the system. Therefore perfectly normal when starting task manager.
It's only if is this process keep using high CPU time for a long period that it might indicate a problem, as a faulty hardware mighty have problem to communicate with the CPU. But if it is a short burst when opening task manager is just normal.

Solution