LeGeNdSChAoS

Commendable
Jan 10, 2017
So I decided to clean my laptop so i took everything out and washed the dust off. After I reassembled everything again it said that the dedicated gpu - 520mx wasn't detected.. nor nvidia control panel could detect it, nor device manager. So I though that if i update the bios it would fix it.. big mistake apparently since updating bios through official asus website seems to be unstable? While I was updating the bios it suddenly stopped after it was finished and whole screen went black.. now it's stuck on black screen forever even if you restart the pc. As long as the laptop is plugged it will autostart itself and the fans will be spinning.. but on black screen. If i decide to hold the power button it will start and stop forever.. again all on black screen. Updated bios through asus EZ Flash utility.
Tried plugging out sticks of ram one at a time - no effect
Tried clearing cmos battery - no effect
Tried some weird keyboard combinations - no effect
Any tips would be awesome

Laptop is Asus k53sc
Updated from Version 216 - 2011/09/25
to Version 221 - 2012/12/12

Try:
"PRESSING CAPS LOCK AND POWER BUTTON WORKED FOR ME. HOLD THEM UNTIL POWER LIGHT GOES OFF THEN RESTART COMPUTER AS NORMAL"

Most likely the nvidia chip was damaged during cleaning. If the cooler was removed from the chip, it could have happened that the solderjoints under the chip were cracked/loosened.

Additionally the flash process went wrong and corrupted your BIOS.

Remove the main battery and charger plug
press the power button for about 30seconds, after this plug the power back in and try powering on the laptop.

If this won´t work only replacing the BIOS chip (buying a new preflashed chip, basic soldering involved by replacing) would help, but still the nvidia card would be not working anymore.