danielzxe

Honorable
Dec 16, 2015
Hello guys. Here once more for your help.
As it says in the title, i need some help with the bios.
rkibKql.jpg

It looks like the Legacy one. Have little to no extra options about my CPU or RAM, GPU, etcetera. It's updated to it's latest version i found on Asus' website. I've seen BIOS's from multiple Prime H300 motherboard series, and they all have different or much better looking GUIs, with lots of extra options.
Is this how it's supposed to be, even after updating?
Thanks in advance!

Solution
Sometimes extra options might show for when a 'K' series CPU is installed, but, certainly fewer options are available with an H-Series board (vice a Z370/Z390, etc.) and a non-K CPU....

(you'd really need to search all the assorted tabs, as often some things might be in 'Advanced' tab, etc....)

But, agree, your BIOS looks more 'legacy' (common in 2000-2003?) than the GUI/UEFI ones common the last decade or so...(oddly enough, I preferred them the way yours is, as I thought everything was easier to find that way, but, one gets used to seeing similar BIOS displays hundreds of times since 1995 or so, and it becomes 'preferred'...
Sometimes extra options might show for when a 'K' series CPU is installed, but, certainly fewer options are available with an H-Series board (vice a Z370/Z390, etc.) and a non-K CPU....

(you'd really need to search all the assorted tabs, as often some things might be in 'Advanced' tab, etc....)

But, agree, your BIOS looks more 'legacy' (common in 2000-2003?) than the GUI/UEFI ones common the last decade or so...(oddly enough, I preferred them the way yours is, as I thought everything was easier to find that way, but, one gets used to seeing similar BIOS displays hundreds of times since 1995 or so, and it becomes 'preferred'...

Solution