Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 4, 2019
Hi guys. Yesterday I bought a Asus ROG Strix RX 570 OC and was excited to play games on it but after I installed it in my mobo it won't boot. The led logo on it flashes red and the led1 is lit but led2 is off. I have connected the 2+6 pin from my power supply to it. The post beep is normal and everything else works (I guess) when I plug my old gpu the system works fine.

I have connected the new card with a new HDMI 2.0 cable to a old Intex TV's HDMI input port. What do I do? Please help, I hope the card is not faulty.

Rig:
CPU: Ryzen3 1300X
Mobo: Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3
RAM: 2 x HyperX Fury 4GB 2400Mhz
PSU: Cooler Master Thunder 500 Watt
One 120 GB SSD and 1TB Hdd.

neojack

Reputable
Apr 4, 2019
recently, had a problem with radeon VII graphics cards. their embedded bios was not "UEFI-ready". meaning that a motherborad set on UEFI boot mode could not use it.

IF it's the same problem for you, then you would have to use another graphic card in order to acces your motherboard's bios settings

then in the bios of your motherboard, check for the boot settings. you should see something about "UEFI only or "legacy only or "legacy and UEFI" something like that.
the bios could alco says "CSM" instead or "legacy" it's about same.

try to enable "CSM" or "legacy" or "UEFI and legacy", save, power off, reinstall the new graphic card.
Oh, also check if you have a setting about the primary display adapter. set it to "PCI express" or "discrete" or "PCIX" or something like that

if it's successful, check on the internet if a UEFI-ready bios update is available for your card.

if it fails, i would try on another known good computer. be sure to unplug the hard drive. Windows 10 has a nasty habit to automatically install drivers. your friend won't be happy if windows messes with his drivers.

There is also a possibility that the card is DOA if it's the case, don't miss the delay to return it. sometimes it's 15 days, sometimes 30. check the terms of service of the website you bought it. If you miss the delay, you would have to return it to the manufacturer. it takes many weeks, they would return you another card, maybe also defective...

Last edited:
Reactions: Akshay R.C.
Apr 4, 2019
After doing a lot of research I found that my particular version of RX 570 should have one led1 power indicator on and the red logo flashing is how the RGB setting comes from factory. So the indicators say that card is working but I still don't get display.

Apr 4, 2019
recently, had a problem with radeon VII graphics cards. their embedded bios was not "UEFI-ready". meaning that a motherborad set on UEFI boot mode could not use it.

IF it's the same problem for you, then you would have to use another graphic card in order to acces your motherboard's bios settings

then in the bios of your motherboard, check for the boot settings. you should see something about "UEFI only or "legacy only or "legacy and UEFI" something like that.
the bios could alco says "CSM" instead or "legacy" it's about same.

try to enable "CSM" or "legacy" or "UEFI and legacy", save, power off, reinstall the new graphic card.
Oh, also check if you have a setting about the primary display adapter. set it to "PCI express" or "discrete" or "PCIX" or something like that

if it's successful, check on the internet if a UEFI-ready bios update is available for your card.

if it fails, i would try on another known good computer. be sure to unplug the hard drive. Windows 10 has a nasty habit to automatically install drivers. your friend won't be happy if windows messes with his drivers.

There is also a possibility that the card is DOA if it's the case, don't miss the delay to return it. sometimes it's 15 days, sometimes 30. check the terms of service of the website you bought it. If you miss the delay, you would have to return it to the manufacturer. it takes many weeks, they would return you another card, maybe also defective...
Thanks for the info. I checked my graphics is UEFI ready and yes I have option to change UEFI to Legacy in bios. I have my old card that I plug in. I asked a friend, he said he will let me test the card on his nvidia rig.

Apr 4, 2019
your card is getting power, that's why the leds are up.

it does not means that it's able to communicate with the motherboard.
Good point. I wanted to test it in my friend's pc but his cabinet doesnt have enough space and he has a old mobo so I didn't even try. I will try to update mobo bios.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS