Asus V8420 Deluxe AGP voltage?

Hi all,

I am getting a bit confused with my Nvidia TI4200 card. When I look in
Sisandra, it is described as a 2.0 AGP version. But I thought it was a 3.3
volts AGP card? I have seen on a site
(http://www.hothardware.com/viewarticle.cfm?articleid=319&catid=2) the
following:

"AGP 2.0 doubled this with its 4X Mode, bringing the new maximum bandwidth
to 1056 MB/sec. It also added the ability to use Fast Writes and lowered
the voltage from 3.3V to 1.5V."

So is this card 1.5 or 3.3 volt? Does the card witch automatically depending
on the board? I am asking this because I want to know if I can upgrade my
motherboard to a new one that support AGP 3.0 (4X-8X).

Thanks,
Sylvain

"Sylvain" <menardsy3@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I am getting a bit confused with my Nvidia TI4200 card. When I look in
> Sisandra, it is described as a 2.0 AGP version. But I thought it was
> a 3.3 volts AGP card? I have seen on a site
> (http://www.hothardware.com/viewarticle.cfm?articleid=319&catid=2) the
> following:
>
> "AGP 2.0 doubled this with its 4X Mode, bringing the new maximum
> bandwidth to 1056 MB/sec. It also added the ability to use Fast
> Writes and lowered the voltage from 3.3V to 1.5V."
>
> So is this card 1.5 or 3.3 volt? Does the card witch automatically
> depending on the board? I am asking this because I want to know if I
> can upgrade my motherboard to a new one that support AGP 3.0 (4X-8X).
>
> Thanks,
> Sylvain

It would work in either a AGP 2.0 or AGP 3.0 slot. Same as my Ti4600.
I just took it out of a P4 mobo (GA8-IPE1000-G) and stuck it in an old
P3 Slot1 BX440 mobo (Abit BE6-II). Works fine in either mobo. Its
voltage should read 1.5 in either slot.
McG.

Sylvain wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am getting a bit confused with my Nvidia TI4200 card. When I look in
> Sisandra, it is described as a 2.0 AGP version. But I thought it was a 3.3
> volts AGP card? I have seen on a site
> (http://www.hothardware.com/viewarticle.cfm?articleid=319&catid=2) the
> following:
>
> "AGP 2.0 doubled this with its 4X Mode, bringing the new maximum bandwidth
> to 1056 MB/sec. It also added the ability to use Fast Writes and lowered
> the voltage from 3.3V to 1.5V."
>
> So is this card 1.5 or 3.3 volt? Does the card witch automatically depending
> on the board? I am asking this because I want to know if I can upgrade my
> motherboard to a new one that support AGP 3.0 (4X-8X).
>
> Thanks,
> Sylvain

That card should be able to do either 3.3V or 1.5V signaling.

--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada

Sylvain <menardsy3@hotmail.com> spewed forth the following...

> So is this card 1.5 or 3.3 volt? Does the card witch automatically
> depending on the board? I am asking this because I want to know if I
> can upgrade my motherboard to a new one that support AGP 3.0 (4X-8X).

I`m using the same card in an AGP 3.0 slot and it runs beautifully. The card
may well do both signalling voltages, but rest assured it works happily with
AGP 3.0

Loz H

Sylvain wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am getting a bit confused with my Nvidia TI4200 card. When I look in
> Sisandra, it is described as a 2.0 AGP version. But I thought it was
> a 3.3 volts AGP card? I have seen on a site
> (http://www.hothardware.com/viewarticle.cfm?articleid=319&catid=2) the
> following:
>
> "AGP 2.0 doubled this with its 4X Mode, bringing the new maximum
> bandwidth to 1056 MB/sec. It also added the ability to use Fast
> Writes and lowered the voltage from 3.3V to 1.5V."
>
> So is this card 1.5 or 3.3 volt? Does the card witch automatically
> depending on the board? I am asking this because I want to know if I
> can upgrade my motherboard to a new one that support AGP 3.0 (4X-8X).

The card is AGP 2.0, capable of doing transfer rates of 1X/2X/4X. Supports
signalling voltage of both 3,3 and 1,5V.
In an AGP 2.0 capable mobo, signalling will be 1,5V, but if you put it is
f.ex an Asus P2B, only supporting the AGP 1.0 standard, transfer rates will
be AGP 2X maximum, at a signalling voltage of 3,3V.