Question At what temperature are MSI Ventus RTX 4070 TI fans supposed to start spinning ?

CalebDenniss

Reputable
Jul 4, 2020
The question says it all really haha.

Ive had the card a few days, i really like it, however it idles at around 52 degrees which is quite hot compared to my 3070 Ti which was around 35 degrees sometimes 40.

Q1) At what temperature are my 4070 TI fans supposed to automatically start spinning ?​
I've seen that apparently it is 60 degrees but different branded cards have different targets, mine is MSI.​
Q2) Also at what temperature are fans supposed to stop at?​
Again ive read it is supposed to be between 50 degrees and 55 degrees.​
Q3) is 52 degrees idle temperature a bit too hot?​

Idle temperature is at 54 degrees while writing this with Youtube video running and some tabs open.

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of your case, the number of fans in said case and the orientation of fans in said case? Ambient room air temps?

Seeing how you performed a GPU upgrade, did you run DDU to remove your older GPU drivers prior to dropping in the RTX4070Ti and then manually reinstalling the latest driver sourced from Nvidia's support site, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator?

Reactions: Dj0gany
52C is nowhere near dangerous for the GPU, though it is a bit odd.
For example all my GPU's, ranging from a small biostar 1660 6gb to a beefy ROG STRIX Vega 64, idle at around 30C, without the fans spinning. I would get a reading from another software, like hwinfo64 for example, could be MSI Afterburner bugging.

CalebDenniss

Reputable
Jul 4, 2020
52C is nowhere near dangerous for the GPU, though it is a bit odd.
For example all my GPU's, ranging from a small biostar 1660 6gb to a beefy ROG STRIX Vega 64, idle at around 30C, without the fans spinning. I would get a reading from another software, like hwinfo64 for example, could be MSI Afterburner bugging.
Hi, I do have msi afterburner but I don't have it running or anything. I saw someone on reddit say they did a DDU uninstall on nvidia drivers so I'll try that.

I unisyalled my old drivers after inserting my new GPU. Should I have done this before inserting my new GPU????

I did notice that when trying to uninstall old drivers I was pressing uninstall but it wouldn't do it, like the uninstall button wasn't working. But after installing drivers on my new GPU, this old drivers diassaprared so I assume they were uninstall somehow

To uninstall old drivers I just go to the search bar at the bottom left of my home screen on windows and open Apps and features I believe it's called and uninstall them in there. But as I said the uninstall button wasn't doing anything. Could this be because the gpu with those drivers was not installed in the PC and therefore could not be uninstall

CalebDenniss

Reputable
Jul 4, 2020
Make and model of your case, the number of fans in said case and the orientation of fans in said case? Ambient room air temps?

Seeing how you performed a GPU upgrade, did you run DDU to remove your older GPU drivers prior to dropping in the RTX4070Ti and then manually reinstalling the latest driver sourced from Nvidia's support site, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator?
Coolermastet TD500
3 intake fans at the front 1 exhaust at the back
The UK has just come out of a heatwave but even in a heatwave the idle temperature on my old 3070 TI were lower at around 40 degrees

I unisyalled my old drivers after inserting my new GPU. Should I have done this before inserting my new GPU????

I did notice that when trying to uninstall old drivers I was pressing uninstall but it wouldn't do it, like the uninstall button wasn't working. But after installing drivers on my new GPU, this old drivers diassaprared so I assume they were uninstall somehow

To uninstall old drivers I just go to the search bar at the bottom left of my home screen on windows and open Apps and features I believe it's called and uninstall them in there. But as I said the uninstall button wasn't doing anything. Could this be because the gpu with those drivers was not installed in the PC and therefore could not be uninstall