chunkeylover59

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2014
Hello everyone!

I'm in a bit of a bind and trying to find a new computer case to transfer my current PC into.
The catch is that I need the computer case to be no more than 17" or 431.8mm tall or it wont fit in my space.

I've done some digging and found this question posted and answered a few different times, but they all seem to be a few years old so the cases are either unavailable or cost excess of $300.

I'm hoping someone may know of a newer case that's more readily available.

Ideally I am able to keep my current set up with 3.5"HDDs and 2.5"SSD, but if I have to forego the storage space/upgrade to an m.2 to make it work I will.

Budget ideally under $250, but willing to pay a little more if the case is actually worth that amount (and not just price hiked due to lack of availability)

Any suggestions or solutions are welcome, and please feel free to ask any questions if you need more info.

Thanks in advance everyone!

Current Components:
CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K
Cooler: NZXT Kraken X63
MoBo: Asus PRIME Z390-A ATX LGA1151
GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA GAMING 3080 12GB
PSU: SeaSonic FOCUS GX 1000
Storage: 3.5" HDD x2
2.5" SSDx1

chunkeylover59

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2014
So...uh...is the only limitation height? You talk about your space limitations with height and limit it at 17" but is that the only limitation?

Hey, thanks for the reply!

That's a good question. The height is the main factor, but Ideally the case also wouldn't be any wider or deeper than a traditional mid tower case, and if possible some airflow would be nice hahaha.

The depth does also have a maximum which would be the length/depth of my desk 21".

I would also say it would be good if the width didn't exceed 13".

With that said I guess my limits for dimensions would be LWH 21" x 13" x 17". I suppose the length and width could be interchangeable as I could just rotate the case 90 degrees.

If a case had removable feet that put it into those specs I'd be totally cool with that.

chunkeylover59

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2014
I know this is a late update, but I finally found a case that fit all my requirements, and it was a bit tougher than I expected ahaha.
I ended up going with the O11 Air Mini by Lian Li, and moved my computer into the new case over the weekend.

It seems to have plenty of room for being a smaller case, and can accommodate plenty of different MoBo Sizes, My EVGA 3080, my NZXT Kraken X63 280mm pump, plenty of fans, and a standard sized power supply.
I would definitely recommend this case to anyone looking for a smaller case, especially if they still want to use a full size ATX MoBo.

Thanks to all those who offered their help with this!

chunkeylover59

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2014
I would just go look at the cases by dimensions find the ones you like and pick your fav!
So I tried to do this, but I couldn't find any site that had this feature aside from what MoBo size it supported, unless I just completely missed this filter.
I was mostly using PC partpicker and Newegg, but if you have any sites that you know have this filter setting, it would be great to know for the future!

sonofjesse

Distinguished
Reactions: chunkeylover59