Question Audio cutting out for a second and then returning

Status
Not open for further replies.

tziogasjohn50

Commendable
Dec 26, 2018
I bought a new computer a week ago and since then I've had this problem: my audio randomly cuts out for one-two seconds and then returns back. It happens to every program (youtube, spotify etc.) and in most games the audio cuts out and my frames drop too. I've tried installing the latest drivers and then uninstalling and reinstalling them but nothing fixed my problem. I have no idea what may be causing it and how to fix it.

AMD Ryzen 5 2600
MSI GeForce GTX 1660
MSI B450 Tomahawk Max
8GB HyperX RAM

tziogasjohn50

Commendable
Dec 26, 2018
Hello

Please try installing an earlier version of audio driver and see if it helps.

You can also check if any BIOS and graphics driver updates are available.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!!

Thanks for your reply,

I installed an earlier version of the audio driver and it didn't solve my problem

I also installed the latest bios and graphics driver updates but it didn't work

dimitris79gr

Honorable
May 8, 2016
It could be a problem with your headphones. My previous headphones would do that and sometimes i even had to restart my game to get the sound to work again. (im pretty sure it had to do with the wire of the headphones)

Try using a different headset and see if the problem is still there.

tziogasjohn50

Commendable
Dec 26, 2018
It could be a problem with your headphones. My previous headphones would do that and sometimes i even had to restart my game to get the sound to work again. (im pretty sure it had to do with the wire of the headphones)

Try using a different headset and see if the problem is still there.
I got new headphones for Christmas and the problem is still there

Are you using wired or Bluetooth headphones. Click on the sound icon and see what driver is being used. Your Nivdia software will often install it's own sound driver which can conflict with other audio drivers. If it is using the Nivdia driver, you may want to do a clean install of your video drivers, and/or disable the Nivdia audio driver.

tziogasjohn50

Commendable
Dec 26, 2018
Are you using wired or Bluetooth headphones. Click on the sound icon and see what driver is being used. Your Nivdia software will often install it's own sound driver which can conflict with other audio drivers. If it is using the Nivdia driver, you may want to do a clean install of your video drivers, and/or disable the Nivdia audio driver.
I'm using wired headphones with the Realtek High Definition Audio Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS