[SOLVED] Audio gets muffled when mic is being used

Jun 24, 2022
Every time my mic is being used, other programs' audio will get momentously muffled when the audio is static and gets back to normal when a louder sound is played. Two examples I can give: in GTA V, driving a veicule with music off will make the audio get muffled several times; in Dead by Daylight, the killer's terror radius will get muffled until I get out off it or get in a chase (completely spoils the gameplay). This also happens with songs and videos. The best example I can give for songs is the start of We Don't Talk About Bruno, the audio will muffle and get back to normal after one second. It's like I got underwater and emerge several times when this happens.

Where it happens: Discord (app), stream apps (OBS, Twitch Studio, Streamlabs), League Voice, Windows' recorders.

Where it doesn't: Discord for browser (I use Google Chrome). This is the best alternative I've found for voice chats, but I started recently streaming videogames and the audio gets terrible when using the stream apps.

Fixes I've found: disable all sound effects. This for any reason works, but on the other hand makes the audio sounds awful and gives me headaches. Disabling Dolby Audio also works, but the audio gets drastically impossible to listen to.

Does anyone know why this happens and know how to fix it?

Jun 24, 2022
I'VE FOUND A FIX!!!!
On Microphone Properties> Advanced> DISABLE "Enable audio enhancements".
It's working super fine, I can't believe it took me 6 months to try this.