Question Audio Issues with NVIDIA Drivers on a Dual GPU system ?

Sep 30, 2024
Hello! I'm new to the forum so please be patient if this post is in the wrong section or is missing information, I am glad to follow the forum etiquette, just let me know if there is any issue.

Dual GPU
GPU1: MSI RX 7900 XTX
GPU2: MSI RTX 4060 TI 8GB

I recently upgraded my main desktop with an additional GPU (RTX 4060TI), since then I been having weird audio pops and random peripheral disconnects and inputs disappearing into thin air, I thought it had to be my installation since I also recently had upgraded to W11, so I decided to do a fresh W11 installation.

At the beginning it was working great, the audio was perfect and there were no issues with the MKB but while installing diverse drivers and basic utilities, the NVIDIA drivers got installed automatically and as soon as they installed I started having issues again, I unplugged the monitor that was connected to the RTX4060TI and using DDU I uninstalled the drivers and that fixed the issue, since then I've been trying to install the drivers in diverse ways including minimal install with the "no HD Audio module" option selected, but without fail as soon as I install the drivers everything starts falling apart.

Does anybody have any idea in how to go about fixing this issue?

Thank you for reading, I'll leave the PC component details below, and as for software it was a fresh install, so not much I think I could add there.

Specs
MBD: MSI Tomahawk Z790 WIFI DDR4
CPU: i7-13700k 5.5ghz (AIO cooled)
GPU1: MSI RX 7900 XTX
GPU2: MSI RTX 4060 TI 8GB

RAM: HYPERX FURY 64GB 32000Mhz DDR4
PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA 1000w Platinum

Storage
WD BLACK 850X NVMe M.2 1TB
WD BLACK HDD 6TB
HYPERX FURY NVMe M.2 1TB

Sep 30, 2024
What is the purpose of the 4060 ti?
Why are you trying to use multiple GPUs in the same system? Technically, you have three of them including the integrated GPU that is part of the CPU. Please explain.

Thanks for the quick reply, I do streaming (vTubing so its more GPU intensive) as a hobby and I'm pursuing a career in cybersecurity, I had an RTX3080 before upgrading to the RX 7900XTX, but while streaming, recording, rendering multiple stream add-ons, and playing games it started to lack power, therefore I decided to upgrade.

But even after that upgrade in really GPU intensive games I was lacking performance while streaming and the lack of CUDA support was slowly driving me insane, so to address both issues I decided that I could have a dual GPU setup, ideally if things were working properly, I would have one monitor plugged to the RTX4060TI and rendering some of the stream add-ons, use NVENC for streaming and recording and the availability of CUDA for diverse IA projects that I run locally and use the RX 7900XTX fully for game rendering (It seems like a waste but I still have to look into optimal workload distribution).

Sep 30, 2024
You would have been better served with a single, stronger Nvidia GPU rather than the complexity of what your trying now.

Pick one GPU and proceed from there is my advice.

What does cyber security have to do with this config? Just wondering.
I know I did this to myself but changing GPUs is not really an option right now, and I'm extremely happy with the performance, its just really annoying the constant audio popping and keyboard and mouse disconnects, I tolerated it for a month but its slowly driving me mad.

I still want to try some stuff , but I'm running out of ideas, any tips?

And answering your question, although non directly related, the ability to run IA models locally gives me peace of mind taking into account current information arms race, also I don't know if there's any relevant tool in the field that uses CUDA yet but as an additional computing resource it seems relevant to the field, I'm just starting my degree so I couldn't tell you if I will even use it for anything cyber-related.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
I know I did this to myself but changing GPUs is not really an option right now, and I'm extremely happy with the performance, its just really annoying the constant audio popping and keyboard and mouse disconnects, I tolerated it for a month but its slowly driving me mad.

I still want to try some stuff , but I'm running out of ideas, any tips?

And answering your question, although non directly related, the ability to run IA models locally gives me peace of mind taking into account current information arms race, also I don't know if there's any relevant tool in the field that uses CUDA yet but as an additional computing resource it seems relevant to the field, I'm just starting my degree so I couldn't tell you if I will even use it for anything cyber-related.
What exactly do you mean by IA? Information assurance?

Or do you mean AI (artificial intelligence)? If so, some AI/LLM applications are starting to use AMD GPUs (like Nvidia GPUs supported for a while now). Just depends on what you are using.

Based on my experience, the choice of GPU has zero to do with cyber applications and uses.

Regarding your sound issues, what is the default playback device in Control Panel/Sound/Playback?