Nov 27, 2021
Hi,

I've had my computer for a while now and everything was working fine until yesterday. Now the motherboards CPU led turns red when I turn my pc on and I can't boot. I looked online and tried every solution that was written. I changed the CMOS battery, I tried booting without GPU and with one RAM stick. I didn't try to take out and reset my CPU because it was never a problem so I'm pretty confident the problem doesn't come from that.
Furthermore I tried booting with a windows installation drive because my pc turned on with the error "Unmountable Boot Drive" so I tried creating a new windows installation with another disk (I thought the one I had could be corrupted) and when I want to create a new partition I get the error 0xd4edc090. I'm really desperate I need that PC for work.

Here is some more info about my setup :
Motherboard : MSI Tomahawk b450
CPU : Ryzen3 2200G
GPU : Raden RX470 (HIS version)
RAM : Vengeance LPX 2x8gb 3200Mhz

Solution
As I said in the post my PC ran for 2-3 years and I know that my drives aren't defective. And even if I tried booting with a new drive and that didnt work either.
Assuming your drives are indeed good and you've actually reset CMOS...

If they're SATA try every SATA port. Also different cables. If still no good then you have a defective motherboard.

If they're NVME you may have a defective M.2 socket...not easily repaired but check all the contacts to see if they're misaligned or out of place. But it could also be bad PCIe lanes from the CPU...very rare but if you have another CPU to try it would help rule that out.

Or it could be you're simply trying to install Windows wrong: create the installation media on a USB stick drive...
Furthermore I tried booting with a windows installation drive because my pc turned on with the error "Unmountable Boot Drive" so I tried creating a new windows installation with another disk (I thought the one I had could be corrupted) and when I want to create a new partition I get the error 0xd4edc090. I'm really desperate I need that PC for work.
Can you get into BIOS?

As I said in the post my PC ran for 2-3 years and I know that my drives aren't defective. And even if I tried booting with a new drive and that didnt work either.
Assuming your drives are indeed good and you've actually reset CMOS...

If they're SATA try every SATA port. Also different cables. If still no good then you have a defective motherboard.

If they're NVME you may have a defective M.2 socket...not easily repaired but check all the contacts to see if they're misaligned or out of place. But it could also be bad PCIe lanes from the CPU...very rare but if you have another CPU to try it would help rule that out.

Or it could be you're simply trying to install Windows wrong: create the installation media on a USB stick drive, boot to it and follow the instructions for clean install.

Last edited:
Solution

TRENDING THREADS