DolaaZ

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2013
You can't fix bad sectors. Hard drives are also smart enough to figure out if there is one to not use it.

However I feel that this is a significant number of bad sectors and you should start thinking about replacing the drive.

i think there is softwares like hdd regenerator and victoria that can fix bad sectors ?

USAFRet

Titan
i will replace it but if there any chance i can fix this bad sectors it will be much better for me
There is no permanent "fix".

Software can't "fix" physical damage. It can maybe reallocate data to undamaged areas. Until you run out of those.

Yours is well on its way to the cemetery.
May happen next week. May happen next year. May happen tomorrow.

Prepare for that.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
You can't unbreak a stick. You can splint it, glue it, duck-tape it, cover it in fiberglass, whatever, but the fact remains that once a stick is snapped, it's snapped and will never be the same.

Same with a hdd. Once the sectors on a hdd have reached the point of becoming more than any built in redundancy factor, it's just a matter of time before they multiply. Exponentially. Expect cascade failures promptly, especially in areas of frequent use, like where windows is located.

Only course of action is replacement. Migrate asap. Before the OS develops system errors and becomes too corrupted to use reliably.

DolaaZ

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2013
You can't unbreak a stick. You can splint it, glue it, duck-tape it, cover it in fiberglass, whatever, but the fact remains that once a stick is snapped, it's snapped and will never be the same.

Same with a hdd. Once the sectors on a hdd have reached the point of becoming more than any built in redundancy factor, it's just a matter of time before they multiply. Exponentially. Expect cascade failures promptly, especially in areas of frequent use, like where windows is located.

Only course of action is replacement. Migrate asap. Before the OS develops system errors and becomes too corrupted to use reliably.
got it, thanks