Gq29

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2005
I purchased XP pro for my new system back in Nov. and have been using it since.

The question is my oldest system has Windows 98 on it and I was wondering if I could install XP on it. Actually I know I can install XP but legally can I use XP on two computers or will I have to purchase XP for my old system if I want it?

While I am sure I can install it I don’t want to lose my ability to get updates on my new system because service pack 2 requires the serial number and I don’t know if you can use the same number on two different computers is all.

I know it is probably in the TOS agreement somewhere when you install XP but I was just wondering if anyone could save me the massive headache of reading the whole thing. Thanks for any and all responses. :D

WinXP has the activation feature that will not allow you to run it on 2 computers theres a lot of guys here that will suggest an illegal route for you to take but I'm not one of them you can get an OEM copy of WinXP Home from Here. $72.00 With Free Shipping

Gq29

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2005
Thanks for the reply! :D

Ya I was thinking it was something like that. So basically if you want to be legal every computer you build needs its own copy of XP.

Simple enough, thanks for the response again. :D