• Our team is working to address issues posting quotes or media to the forums. Please bear with us as we get this sorted out.

Question BCD corrupted, cannot repair in Advanced Recovery Mode ?

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Kyroix 74

Prominent
Jul 24, 2020
Also, kind of off topic but, after resetting, rocket league moved to epic games from steam, so it is no longer on steam, available to download. I have it on steam, so does this mean after the reset i’ll not be able to get it on steam anymore cuz it’s not on there, OR are all games i downlaided on steam, TIED to my steam account?

Also will i lose all my minecraft worlds or are th also tied to my minecraft account

USAFRet

Titan
Mar 16, 2013
Oh, so please can you take me through fully reinstalling it? Also does this mean when re downlaoding windows it’ll take forever
At the risk of "too many cooks in the kitchen"...

As indicated by SkyNetRising in #163
https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/bcd-corrupted-cannot-repair-in-advanced-recovery-mode.3714043/page-7#post-22397633

Mostly the same way you installed in the 100GB partition you did earlier.
This time, however, you DELETE all existing partitions on the drive, and continue with a blank drive.

Kyroix 74

Prominent
Jul 24, 2020
At the risk of "too many cooks in the kitchen"...

As indicated by SkyNetRising in #163
https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/bcd-corrupted-cannot-repair-in-advanced-recovery-mode.3714043/page-7#post-22397633

Mostly the same way you installed in the 100GB partition you did earlier.
This time, however, you DELETE all existing partitions on the drive, and continue with a blank drive.

Do you think i could install windows from the Windows Media Tool that’s installed on my USB?

Kyroix 74

Prominent
Jul 24, 2020
That's what you used before, correct?
If so, yes.
I mean ye i guess.

When in the screen to choose what drive to install it to, When choosing my Drive which has the broken windows on it, will it removed ‘that’ installation of windows and just reinstall
everything or will it like override or something

Because it says Total size 830GB free space 591GB. Will everything just get wiped, so this doesn’t matter?

Kyroix 74

Prominent
Jul 24, 2020
NOT in 'command prompt'

Have only the ONE drive physically connected.
Booting from the USB....when it asks where, select Custom.
Delete ALL partitions you see, leaving one blank space.
Ahhh MAN. Just deleted partitions in command prompt. My pc is gone. Didn’t realise you had to delete partitions NOT in the Drive. I deleted the partitions in the Drive. Is that bad? It is isn’t it

Great now gotta buy a new one

Jacob 51

Proper
Dec 31, 2020
Ahhh MAN. Just deleted partitions in command prompt. My pc is gone. Didn’t realise you had to delete partitions NOT in the Drive. I deleted the partitions in the Drive. Is that bad? It is isn’t it

Great now gotta buy a new one
Did you make a backup of all the files?

Jacob 51

Proper
Dec 31, 2020
How i do clean install? When in the boot options i couldn’t even see the Drive in the list. That’s also not good. I’ve probably just deleted important partitions in it now it won’t function
No sir. The drive will still be recognised in the PC even though there is no data.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS