Gerg

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2001
I bought an OEM Athlon 64 3500+ processor from ebay and discovered it had a few bent pins. I can't return it, so how should I bend them back?

Thanks a million.

phial

Splendid
Oct 29, 2002
aye, razor blades work well too, as long as they arent to thick

-------
<A HREF="http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/you.html" target="_new">please dont click here! </A>

Brand name whores are stupid!

endyen

Splendid
I use a plastic knife, less worry about static discharge.
If you get them close, you can use a little wobbling in the socket to finish the job. Just remember, it's a ZIF or zero insurtion force socket.

BeyRevRa

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2004
Take a zippo and heat it up until you can't hold it anymore, then you can bend them easier

don't listen to me please

AMD 64 3400+
MSI K8N Neo Platinum
1 GB Kingston HyperX PC3200
ATI AIW 9600XT
WD Raptor 74GB

Clob

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2003
I would not reccomend the zipo because it has a large flame. Just bend them back slowly as close as possible. I did it once and it scared the crap out of me, but I stayed calm and took my fingernail and got them close to perfect on the first try. I had bent 20 of them suckers, not fun I tell ya. They are fine. Just dont bend them say, 20 or more times, or you may break the darn thing. Then you may need to solder it; witch isan't easy. Sit in a quiett area and concentrait and you will be fine. The heat from your finger shal be enough to bend it easlity. It was for me. Funny how one little gold pin can screw an expencive processor!

"If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a
wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!"
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by clob on 08/16/04 06:36 PM.</EM></FONT></P>