[SOLVED] Best budget graphic card for ryzen 2400g?

Jan 4, 2019
Hi,

My setup details are as below.

Ab350M gaming 3 MB
Ryzen 2400g
Corsair 8gb vengeance 3000mhz Ram x 2
Vs 450 corsair PSU

I am planning to buy a GPU for my pc. I am not sure which one to buy at this given point. I want something in budget. Should get decent amount of FPS.

Thanks in advance

Solution
Ok so 170-210 USD. Converted from Rupees

RX580/590 would be closer to the top of your budget assuming they are not selling cards extremely expensive there. Other cards a bit cheaper would be an RX570 or GTX1650

Solidjake

Notable
Sep 6, 2019

RX580/590 would be closer to the top of your budget assuming they are not selling cards extremely expensive there. Other cards a bit cheaper would be an RX570 or GTX1650

Solution
Hi,

My setup details are as below.

Ab350M gaming 3 MB
Ryzen 2400g
Corsair 8gb vengeance 3000mhz Ram x 2
Vs 450 corsair PSU

I am planning to buy a GPU for my pc. I am not sure which one to buy at this given point. I want something in budget. Should get decent amount of FPS.

Thanks in advance
Your super budget PSU will likely need to be changed depending on which card you go for.

Jan 4, 2019

Here budget gpu as mentioned above are 1650 and rx 570 both 4gb which one should i go for? 1650 or rx 570 now thats a confusion

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
One of the most important parts is your monitor. It's really less about whether it goes with your CPU, and more about whether it goes with your monitor.

• What is your monitor's resolution?
  • What is your monitor's refresh rate?
  • Does your monitor have FreeSync, GSync, or neither?
    • If FreeSync, what is the FreeSync range
Knowing the brand and model number would be helpful.

And, yes, the PSU probably needs to be changed, its power level is low, and the VS is not one of Corsair's good models. See the link at the bottom of my signature.

Jan 4, 2019
Th
One of the most important parts is your monitor. It's really less about whether it goes with your CPU, and more about whether it goes with your monitor.

• What is your monitor's resolution?
  • What is your monitor's refresh rate?
  • Does your monitor have FreeSync, GSync, or neither?
    • If FreeSync, what is the FreeSync range
Knowing the brand and model number would be helpful.

And, yes, the PSU probably needs to be changed, its power level is low, and the VS is not one of Corsair's good models. See the link at the bottom of my signature.
[/QUOTEM

my screen res is 1600x900 as of now without any sync option i am also planing to change my monitor to a full hd 144hz or atleast 120hz the new one is available with freesync and g sync

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Th

my screen res is 1600x900 as of now without any sync option i am also planing to change my monitor to a full hd 144hz or atleast 120hz the new one is available with freesync and g sync

How soon is the monitor upgrade going to happen? If you're going to replace it fairly soon, I would say use the integrated graphics of the 2400g for now, since the 1600x900 resolution isn't that demanding. Wait until you've saved up enough money to get both the monitor you're interested in, AND a video card that is up to the task of supporting the new monitor's resolution and refresh, then purchase both together.

BUT . . I do not trust that PSU. It may do the job for now if you stick with the integrated graphics, but I believe replacing it with a high-quality unit of 550W or 650W should be your first priority, before adding a video card. The PSU is the lifeblood of your system. Poorer quality ones can damage your hardware when they fail.

Jan 4, 2019
How soon is the monitor upgrade going to happen? If you're going to replace it fairly soon, I would say use the integrated graphics of the 2400g for now, since the 1600x900 resolution isn't that demanding. Wait until you've saved up enough money to get both the monitor you're interested in, AND a video card that is up to the task of supporting the new monitor's resolution and refresh, then purchase both together.

BUT . . I do not trust that PSU. It may do the job for now if you stick with the integrated graphics, but I believe replacing it with a high-quality unit of 550W or 650W should be your first priority, before adding a video card. The PSU is the lifeblood of your system. Poorer quality ones can damage your hardware when they fail.
The monitor will be upgraded in next couple of month. Also as suggested will change the psu also before purchasing the gpu. Thanks for the help

Jan 4, 2019

Btw which series psu would you recommend for 650w

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Btw which series psu would you recommend for 650w

I'm personally happy with my Seasonic Focus. It's a high quality unit with a very long warranty. Corsair has some good models, and some not-so-good models. If you click on the link in the bottom of my signature, there's an extended explanation of various PSUs, which ones are good, and which aren't.

However, I understand that availability in India may not be the same as in the US. Still, that link makes for a very good guideline.