[SOLVED] best psu for gtx 1650 super

Oct 14, 2020
so guys i have a pc with this spec (soory for bad english)

Core i5 2500
Jetway H61 (motherboard)
2x4Gb ram
500 gb hdd
120 gb hdd
GTX 750ti
Armageddon Voltron 235fx 500 watt (PSU)
Alcatroz Casing

so what should i do? or change to make the vga fit in my pc?

Solution
sir did u have any good psu recommendation?
I think as a general rule...Corsair and Seasonic are very good brands.
They do have tiers though.

So for instance...a Corsair CV model is an entry level model....and isn't as good as an Corsair RMx model which is a better unit....but I don't think either are bad units.

I currently run two Corsair RMx units and have had no problems.

Here are two good posts on PSUs.

I think your CPU is plenty fast enough so that shouldn't be an issue.

The only thing is you need a 6 pin plug from the power supply....and that power supply...being I'm not familiar with it at all may not be all that good...and may not be able to power the whole rig with the new GPU.....so I would plan on possibly a new power supply.

so guys i have a pc with this spec (soory for bad english)

Core i5 2500
Jetway H61 (motherboard)
2x4Gb ram
500 gb hdd
120 gb hdd
GTX 750ti
Armageddon Voltron 235fx 500 watt (PSU)
Alcatroz Casing

so what should i do? or change to make the vga fit in my pc?
Before upgrading anything in your system, you need to replace the power supply with a decent quality unit. The Armageddon is very low quality and unreliable.

Oct 14, 2020
s
I think your CPU is plenty fast enough so that shouldn't be an issue.

The only thing is you need a 6 pin plug from the power supply....and that power supply...being I'm not familiar with it at all may not be all that good...and may not be able to power the whole rig with the new GPU.....so I would plan on possibly a new power supply.
so, i didn't need to change my motherboard? ah, that's a relief... so you are syaing that i have to change my psu? can u recommend me sir?

what's your pc specs sir?
and also you are mentioned that your motherboard is older than me? that means i can use the gtx 1650s then?

From here...
https://www.jetwaycomputer.com/NF9F.html

You have this....
PCI-E 2.0 x16 Slot (by 16-lane)

This is what you need for it to run.

My P6T deluxe used to run an i7-920 with a GTX 1060 which I upgraded to an i7-980 and a GTX 1080. It initially had 6 GB or RAM and I went to 12GB. It's triple channel.

Oct 14, 2020
what is triple channel and PCI-E 2.0 x16 Slot (by 16-lane) sir?
Triple channel is a motherboard feature that allows the memory to work faster.
Many motherboards today are dual channel.....some are triple....I think I even saw a quad channel.

This>>>PCI-E 2.0 x16 Slot (by 16-lane) is the slot the GPU goes in. PCI-E 2.0 is the PCI version it supports....but you can use PCI-E 3.0 cards in it because it's backwards compatible.

"and also what's my vga limit sir? i mean the series "<<<<not sure what you mean

Oct 14, 2020
Triple channel is a motherboard feature that allows the memory to work faster.
Many motherboards today are dual channel.....some are triple....I think I even saw a quad channel.

This>>>PCI-E 2.0 x16 Slot (by 16-lane) is the slot the GPU goes in. PCI-E 2.0 is the PCI version it supports....but you can use PCI-E 3.0 cards in it because it's backwards compatible.

"and also what's my vga limit sir? i mean the series "<<<<not sure what you mean
"backwards compatible" what's that sir?
and also "and also what's my vga limit sir? i mean the series" means the nvidia series that i can use or the amd if you know it

and, thanks beforehands

"backwards compatible" what's that sir?
and also "and also what's my vga limit sir? i mean the series" means the nvidia series that i can use or the amd if you know it

and, thanks beforehands
Backwards compatible in this case means PCIE 3.0 cards will work in PCIE 2.0 slots.

As far as the VGA limit....do you mean...

"How high can you go with the GPU before the CPU starts to hinder you?"