[SOLVED] Big cpu usage problem (i5 9600k with rtx 3060)

Aug 13, 2021
Hello, so for an exemple, with the i5 9600k and rtx 3060, on Battlefield V in ultra setting at 1080p i got pretty good fps But my cpu got 100% usage and my gpu only 15%

I don't think the 3060 bottleneck my i5 9600k (or the opposite) but i try so many things and i can't resolve the problem.

It's an OC gpu, my cpu is not oc for the moment.

Thanks for your help

Solution
1)This site unfortunately does not just compare the cpu and gpu against others at STOCK, but all conditions(including OC'ing), which can be very misleading.
FYI, overclocking will not fix things if the games you play can utilize more threads than your cpu has. Mass multiplayers tend to utilize more than 6.
Cpu looks bad, but it actually isn't; it's boosting normally, and background cpu usage was kept low.

2)WD Green 240: dramless SSD and low capacity.
This combination means that it doesn't take much data to put on it before performance drops off a cliff. The lack of a ram cache is not worth their low price.
Monitor disk usage.

3)C drive.
Check drive health. There may be a high number of bad sectors, thus slowing it down, so prepare...
Aug 13, 2021
Last edited:

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Give userbenchmark a go.
Close the browser and other 3rd party monitoring apps before you run it.
Once it's finished and takes you to the results page, copy-paste the link to that page - do not copy-paste the numbers(a common mistake).

and others too
What are these others, because if the 9600K has a weakness, it's that it only has 6 threads. Games that can utilize more than 6 are going to max it out. Plus, if you're running discord or whatnot alongside the game(s)... extra whammy.
Mass multiplayer games have a knack for utilizing multiple threads.

Aug 13, 2021
Give userbenchmark a go.
Close the browser and other 3rd party monitoring apps before you run it.
Once it's finished and takes you to the results page, copy-paste the link to that page - do not copy-paste the numbers(a common mistake).

What are these others, because if the 9600K has a weakness, it's that it only has 6 threads. Games that can utilize more than 6 are going to max it out. Plus, if you're running discord or whatnot alongside the game(s)... extra whammy.
Mass multiplayer games have a knack for utilizing multiple threads.

there it is https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/45429530

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
1)This site unfortunately does not just compare the cpu and gpu against others at STOCK, but all conditions(including OC'ing), which can be very misleading.
FYI, overclocking will not fix things if the games you play can utilize more threads than your cpu has. Mass multiplayers tend to utilize more than 6.
Cpu looks bad, but it actually isn't; it's boosting normally, and background cpu usage was kept low.

2)WD Green 240: dramless SSD and low capacity.
This combination means that it doesn't take much data to put on it before performance drops off a cliff. The lack of a ram cache is not worth their low price.
Monitor disk usage.

3)C drive.
Check drive health. There may be a high number of bad sectors, thus slowing it down, so prepare for the possibility that you will need to back up your data and get a replacement drive.
Link to Crystal Disk Info: https://crystalmark.info/en/ (the blue bar right below Quick Downloads.

4)The group of mixed ram.
It's probably not related to game performance, but if you've been experiencing any blue screen crashes, this would be the likely cause.
Another possibility is that it can slowly and stealthily corrupt your OS over time, if those sticks aren't actually compatible with one another.

Solution