Question Big problem, little China

Jun 5, 2019
Hello people of the internet! I have a major problem. Like most. I had purchased and installed a new processor and cooler combo. Installed them. Powered the system on. Everything but my two monitors (DVI and HDMI) and keyboard power on. After trying everything every forum said to do .. including a new graphics card .. I got nothing. I've reset the CMOS. Reseated everything. Put the older processor back in .. disconnected and reconnected everything .. unplugged non-essential items and put them back in one at a time .. made sure no wires were grounding out on the Mobo .. made sure the mobo wasn't in contact with the case .. my self and my more tech enthusiast buddy are at a complete loss here .. so, I, Nokkie .. reach out to you folks at TomsHardware for help.

Specs (that I can remember):
Cpu: amd fx (below the 8350)
Gpu: GeForce MSI (branded at least) GTX 760
Mobo: Gigabyte xxxx-D3SP (am3+ socket)
Psu: I think is 650 or 750 Watts

The only thing that I had installed was the new CPU and cooler .. but I returned them and reinstalled the other CPU and cooler. Baffling.

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
Welcome to the forums. What is make and model of the PSU and how old is it?

Keyboard is connected to the system/mobo but monitors are powered themselves by their own leads. Monitors didn't power on as in no signal/picture or didn't turn on?

Jun 5, 2019
Welcome to the forums. What is make and model of the PSU and how old is it?

Keyboard is connected to the system/mobo but monitors are powered themselves by their own leads. Monitors didn't power on as in no signal/picture or didn't turn on?
Exactly .. the monitors are powered via their own outlets and the graphics card to send the signal .. I've tried another monitor .. but got nothing

dev1

Prominent
Jun 7, 2019
Well, I went and ordered a new Mobo ..
Hey there!

As strange it may sound to be it could be actually related to the CPU or dead MOBO ports. One of my previous configs had the exact same issues, turned out there was a dead/broken railway which actually didn't make a problem with the booting of the MOBO unfortunately though it couldn't boot any device which wanted more than 3.3V rating, and I was stuck with an old CRT monitor and a Microsoft mouse... Hope that you're new mobo lights everything properly!

Jun 5, 2019
Hey there!

As strange it may sound to be it could be actually related to the CPU or dead MOBO ports. One of my previous configs had the exact same issues, turned out there was a dead/broken railway which actually didn't make a problem with the booting of the MOBO unfortunately though it couldn't boot any device which wanted more than 3.3V rating, and I was stuck with an old CRT monitor and a Microsoft mouse... Hope that you're new mobo lights everything properly!
Oh damn! I'm with you on this, I ordered the same exact Mobo I was using, just new lol let's hope it works out. Just for safe measure, I'm gonna have my friend help me out on rebuilding this beast.

Jun 5, 2019
Hey there!

Damn! Yeah, with the new mobo installed, everything turns on (when I got out of the hospital, it wouldn't even turn on!) but still "no signal" .. well, there's some kinda signal getting to it, when I unplug it, it immediately goes to "sleep mode" .. next, new processor! After that, not a f'ing clue ...

Jun 5, 2019
Anyone have went ideas? Other than the CPU (got one over on eBay, just waiting for the auction to end now) and what I've said I've done already ... Anyone? Please?

Jun 5, 2019
Today I went and returned the new PSU I got for testing .. got a Mobo speaker, you know, so I could get error beeps .. I got no beeps what so ever. Removed the ram and still, no beeps .. I've followed every step in that stickied thread for trouble shooting .. everything is pointing at the CPU ..