Question BIOS Blinking on MSI B550M PRO-VDH

Max Arthur

Commendable
Dec 17, 2021
So I just build a new PC, with MSI B550M PRO-VDH. BecauseI went with 5600X, I use MSI flash bios button and USB with the BIOS Update to update the BIOS. It's updated correctly without problem and I already install games and applications. About 2/3 days later, I want to apply XMP for the ram (because I notice it's only running at 2400Mhz), when I enter the BIOS, the BIOS is blinking. What I mean by that is in the BIOS, it show the normal BIOS, then 1 second later it shows black screen then 1 second later it show the BIOS again, then black screen, BIOS, andddd its in a loop. I still can move the cursor and enable the XMP tho, but its so annoying. I also notice the blinking starts from the phase when its showing PRO Series on booting phase. So it stopped when entering the Windows. I don't know what's wrong so maybe giving the part list can help:

CPU : AMD Ryzen 5600X
MOTHERBOARD : MSI B550M PRO-VDH
RAM : Kingston Fury Beast 2x16GB DDR4 3200MHz
M.2 : MSI Spatium M460 1TB
SATA SSD (for boot drive) : ADATA SU650 128GB
GPU : MSI RTX 3070 Ventus 2x
PSU : Cooler Master MWE 650W 80+ Bronze

All of the parts are new, except for Boot Drive(I move it from my old PC) and GPU(I bought it used).
sorry for my bad English, but I hope you guys can understand and help me :D Thank you

Last edited:

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
I don't know what's wrong
Boot into Safe Mode and look if you still get the blinking (if what i think is wrong, you'd still get the blinking).

GPU(I bought it used)
Used hardware is sold "as is" and there is 0 expectation for them to work like brand new hardware. Also, there is 0 warranty with used hardware.

So, try with 2nd, known to work GPU and look if your blinking issue goes away. If it does, issue is with your used GPU.

Cooler Master MWE 650W 80+ Bronze
Depending on what the PSU part number starts with, it is either:
MPX-650... = low quality
MPW-650... = crap quality

Regardless which one it is, it shouldn't be bought at all.

So, better to look towards new, good quality PSU as well.
Like: Seasonic Focus/Vertex/PRIME, Corsair RMx/RMi/HXi/AXi, Super Flower Leadex Gold/Platinum/Titanium.
In 750W range, when factoring in GPU transient power spikes.