[SOLVED] BIOS Boot Loop (SSD not recognized)

Jul 7, 2019
My computer doesnt want to start windows, it starts the BIOS but when i leave it, it comes back to the BIOS. My SSD doesn't seem to be recognized too, or under "Generic STORAGE DEVICE".
The last time I used windows, my computer crashed : Windows did not respond and every other software which was running crashed too. I turned the power off after a few minutes and now, every time I start my computer, it does that.
I tried changing the SATA cable to my SSD (SanDisk) but nothing changed. I tried some other things like switching the power cable from my HDD (Seagate Barracuda but recognized in BIOS) to the SSD one.
It seems like the cables aren't the cause of the problem.
Any kind of help is appreciated.
Thanks !

My motherboard is a ASUS B85 PRO GAMER.

Solution
Thanks for your answer, unfortunately, there aren't any error messages. I changed boot sequences and booted from a Windows DVD, it worked.
After everything you told me, I think the SSD might be dead too. Is there a way to be sure that it's dead, and if it is, to keep the data on it?

No problem. The system booting from another medium pretty much means the SSD is gone and there are no other issues with other hardware components.

You can test if the SSD is recognized on another system. If it's not it's most probably dead. As for the data I don't think it would be recoverable if the drive is dead.

Although you can ask professionals that have the necessary tools and know-how. Although I'd say it is worth it ONLY if the data is...

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
Welcome to the forums!

What are full system specs including make and model of PSU?

Are there any error messages?

Have you tried to change boot sequence and see if the system can boot from a USB or an optical disc? Having changed both SATA power and data cables to no avail, the SSD might be dead.

Jul 7, 2019
Welcome to the forums!

What are full system specs including make and model of PSU?

Are there any error messages?

Have you tried to change boot sequence and see if the system can boot from a USB or an optical disc? Having changed both SATA power and data cables to no avail, the SSD might be dead.

Thanks for your answer, unfortunately, there aren't any error messages. I changed boot sequences and booted from a Windows DVD, it worked.
After everything you told me, I think the SSD might be dead too. Is there a way to be sure that it's dead, and if it is, to keep the data on it?

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador

No problem. The system booting from another medium pretty much means the SSD is gone and there are no other issues with other hardware components.

You can test if the SSD is recognized on another system. If it's not it's most probably dead. As for the data I don't think it would be recoverable if the drive is dead.

Although you can ask professionals that have the necessary tools and know-how. Although I'd say it is worth it ONLY if the data is absolutely necessary as cost of professional data recovery (if possible) could easily go into 3-4 digit numbers.

Solution