[SOLVED] BIOS cannot detect SSD

Nov 24, 2018
I'm trying to boot my computer after a few days of inactivity. My primary boot drive, a 250GB Samsung EVO SSD, cannot be recognized by BIOS. The secondary HDD I have hooked up is recognized (but is not set up to boot), as is the CD drive I have installed, leading me to believe it's not an issue with the BIOS itself. However, I've tried hooking up the SSD in question to both my laptop via a SATA-USB adapter, as well as another computer I have via direct SATA, and in both cases the drive is recognized by device manager ("This device is functioning properly") and the other computer's BIOS. I've also tried cleaning the contacts and swapping out cables, but to no avail. Any suggestions on how to diagnose what's wrong? The SSD, along with the rest of the hardware, is only 3 years old.

Solution
Things to try

Update bios.

Take all data you want to save off the EVO problem drive, disconnect the secondary HDD and reinstall windows on the EVO. Make sure to delete all partitions presently on the EVO during the install.
Nov 24, 2018

Yeah, BIOS is completely functional. All the SATA ports are enabled, system time is accurate, etc.

Things to try

Update bios.

Take all data you want to save off the EVO problem drive, disconnect the secondary HDD and reinstall windows on the EVO. Make sure to delete all partitions presently on the EVO during the install.

Solution
Nov 24, 2018
Update: Upon plugging the SSD into my laptop via the USB converter, it is not showing as a usable drive in My Computer, and Disk Management is showing that it is both completely uninitialized and unallocated. I am currently trying the EaseUS recovery software to reallocate the data, but it looks like the drive just unpartitioned itself?? Is this a common issue, and am I doing the right thing?