Dash46

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2016
I am looking for the Bios on a Envy Touchsmart 20 - D013w. I am attempting to replace the Bios Chip on this computer with a newly updated bios chip that I bought. This will be my first time replacing a bios chip. There are two chips on the motherboard that look very identical in shape with the new Bios chip that I have. I cannot tell which one is the bios. The other chips on the motherboard are different. I have been searching for a few hours online and have not come up with no answer. I finally decided to ask on here. The reason why I am replacing the Bios on the computer is the Bios is corrupt from an failed update. After alot of research I found that replacing the Bios with a newly programed bios might fix the problem. If it does not work; at the very least this will be practice for me.

If someone could tell me where the bios is on this computer; that would be great? If some one knows of a diagram or blueprint of this computer that would even be better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 7, 2019
you mean the chip? normaly/often around cpu and not the one more far away. Do you have a programmer? sometime you can read at least a bit and compare to the bios.

Edit: don't think you have one, else you used it already, instead of buy a new chip.. sorry

what chip you got with the bios? Any naming on it? also for the 2 you found. any namings there?

Last edited: