s3lin1

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2015
Hello,
i just switched my i5 6600k + z170 viii ranger with a 10400f + z490 msi a pro.
i made a USB stick with windows on it in order to clean install windows on C.
I connected everything from my old motherboard to the right places and didn't add anything new.
I left plugged in only C drive which is an SSD and i haven;t connected the 2 HDDs i have.

the thing is when i press the button to power up the pc it starts working fans spinning leds etc and after 10-15 secs monitor powers up and it gets me right on the log in screen . i enter my password and i log in to my desktop.
i can't enter bios because the load up proccess doens't show, i have disabled fast boot from power options i spam DEL , f2 f12 but nothing happens.
i cleared CMOS nothing changed
i tried the troubleshoot way to ender UEFI settings but it just won't boot to bios. PC has power and is working and monitor just stays turned off.

i even tried to go directly to disk managemed and format the SSD but "format" option is greyed out !!!!!

what the hell should i do ? i am currently typing from this exact pc.
i cant enter bios and all apps that have to do with asus etc just fail whihc is normal.

do i need to connect the 2 HDDs as well ? do i need to do anything else?
have i screwed up anything with the cables? what is going on ! !!

this is currently the pc https://pcpartpicker.com/list/RrCCkX

Solution
Just tried it and pc had power but nothing showed up on monitor. I then plugged ssd back in and
Pc booted as always.
1 out of 3 times it boots in windows but some times it just stays with monitor turned off.

Can I format the disk doing something else ? Should I update bios through dragon center ? Do I need to connect any other cables maybe ?

I even updated bios through dragon center and nothing happened as well
Tear down the system fully wwellthe PSU is unplugged and the CMOS battery is removed from the system. After the system is disassembled reseat CPU after checking socket for bent pins. Reseat cooler, seat ram, GPU, CMOS battery, power cables, PSU cable and that's it no audio no front pannles nothing. Connect a...
Hello,
i just switched my i5 6600k + z170 viii ranger with a 10400f + z490 msi a pro.
i made a USB stick with windows on it in order to clean install windows on C.
I connected everything from my old motherboard to the right places and didn't add anything new.
I left plugged in only C drive which is an SSD and i haven;t connected the 2 HDDs i have.

the thing is when i press the button to power up the pc it starts working fans spinning leds etc and after 10-15 secs monitor powers up and it gets me right on the log in screen . i enter my password and i log in to my desktop.
i can't enter bios because the load up proccess doens't show, i have disabled fast boot from power options i spam DEL , f2 f12 but nothing happens.
i cleared CMOS nothing changed
i tried the troubleshoot way to ender UEFI settings but it just won't boot to bios. PC has power and is working and monitor just stays turned off.

i even tried to go directly to disk managemed and format the SSD but "format" option is greyed out !!!!!

what the hell should i do ? i am currently typing from this exact pc.
i cant enter bios and all apps that have to do with asus etc just fail whihc is normal.

do i need to connect the 2 HDDs as well ? do i need to do anything else?
have i screwed up anything with the cables? what is going on ! !!

this is currently the pc https://pcpartpicker.com/list/RrCCkX
Unplug the ssd and leave only they ram CPU and power plugged in plus GPU if needed for display.
Force PC to bios. Set splash screen/bios time to 3 seconds or more

Reactions: s3lin1

s3lin1

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2015
Unplug the ssd and leave only they ram CPU and power plugged in plus GPU if needed for display.
Force PC to bios. Set splash screen/bios time to 3 seconds or more

Just tried it and pc had power but nothing showed up on monitor. I then plugged ssd back in and
Pc booted as always.
1 out of 3 times it boots in windows but some times it just stays with monitor turned off.

Can I format the disk doing something else ? Should I update bios through dragon center ? Do I need to connect any other cables maybe ?

Last edited:
Pc booted as always.

Tear down the system fully wwellthe PSU is unplugged and the CMOS battery is removed from the system. After the system is disassembled reseat CPU after checking socket for bent pins. Reseat cooler, seat ram, GPU, CMOS battery, power cables, PSU cable and that's it no audio no front pannles nothing. Connect a display,keyboard,mouse to the mobo and GPU. Plug PSU in and jump power jumpers with a metal tool of some sort only the power jumpers.

Solution