Mobo-MSI Z490 gaming edge wifi
CPU-I7 10700k
Cooler-Noctua NH d15 chromax 3000rpm NEW
PSU-apex gaming 750w gold
Ram 16gb ballistic ddr4
GPU-MSI 3070 ti gaming trio NEW
2 3000rpm noctual fans NEW
Other fans etc....

Issue-bios/afterburner not saving/abiding by curves set. -cpu fans turn off after heavy loads(about 60c). -restarting brings cpu fans back on

So all fans are connected correctly according to DC or pwm. Curves are set as to not exceed min. fans Rpm. The CPU cooler is unable to reach its max 3000rpm, only reaches about 1600rpm.
Set desired curves in bios for CPU and afterburner for GPU. Fans are not performing to set curves. After heavy loads I try to auto increase GPU fan speed but it will not exceed 30% Makes me think the fans are shutting off to save the PSU from overloading. I really don't know.

I've tried switching connectors to different sys fan hubs. Switching out y-connectors for the d15. Connecting all fans to their own sys fan hubs. Changing from DC to pwm. Default specs. Smart fan curves etc. Updated bios.
I'm at the end of my capacities. Does anyone know what's going on here? Could my cooler not be seated correctly? Ive already removed it and reapplied paste. Maybe not tightened down enough?

First, see if there is a motherboard bios update that fixes your problem.

The question is what controls the fans and by what criteria is it managed.

To simplify things uninstall afterburner and let the motherboard manage speeds.
Use the fan profile to increase speeds as load increases.

Noctua coolers are about the simplest to install properly.
The tightening is controlled/limited by a spring. You really can't get it wrong
As a check, run HWmonitor and look at the idle temperatures of each core. It should be 10-15c. over ambient if the cooler was installed properly.

Oct 16, 2022
First, see if there is a motherboard bios update that fixes your problem.

The question is what controls the fans and by what criteria is it managed.

To simplify things uninstall afterburner and let the motherboard manage speeds.
Use the fan profile to increase speeds as load increases.

Noctua coolers are about the simplest to install properly.
The tightening is controlled/limited by a spring. You really can't get it wrong
As a check, run HWmonitor and look at the idle temperatures of each core. It should be 10-15c. over ambient if the cooler was installed properly.
I added afterburner after I couldn't control things with the bios.
Bios is latest and I didn't see any for my specific problem.
HWmonitor says cores are running at proper temps.
Everything runs normally at idle temps via bios curves. Its specifically when I play cyberpunk that after about 15 -20 min of play, cpu and gpu start heating up and fans are not compensating for temp increases set by bios curves or afterburner.
Instead, the fans just turn off. Only restarting fixes the fans.
I suppose once rpms are increasing the system says "no" and turns fans off.