[SOLVED] Black screen after clearing CMOS battery and jumper ?

stressato

Commendable
Dec 1, 2020
Hi everyone. Due to the new update of the valorant anti cheat, a friend of mine needed to enable tpm 2.0 and secure boot, once the computer restarted it showed black screen and no POST, so we tried to unplug the cable from the power, turn off the power supply from the switch, remove the CMOS battery for 30 seconds and put it back, once restarted nothing has changed. So we tried to remove the battery for about 30 minutes and reset the CMOS from the clr_cmos jumper. Always black screen. Any type of help is appreciated.

Specs:
CPU: Intel i5-8400F
GPU: XFX RX 570 8GB
RAM: 2x8GB DDR4
MOBO: H310m S2H 2.0
SSD & HDD.

Solution
Hi. We solved by swapping CPUs, my friend had an F series so one without integrated graphics. I gave him one (i5-8400) and we did reset the bios, now everything works perfect. Big thanks to COLGeek and everyone here for the help.
Sep 4, 2021
Hi everyone. Due to the new update of the valorant anti cheat, a friend of mine needed to enable tpm 2.0 and secure boot, once the computer restarted it showed black screen and no POST, so we tried to unplug the cable from the power, turn off the power supply from the switch, remove the CMOS battery for 30 seconds and put it back, once restarted nothing has changed. So we tried to remove the battery for about 30 minutes and reset the CMOS from the clr_cmos jumper. Always black screen. Any type of help is appreciated.

Specs:
CPU: Intel i5-8400F
GPU: XFX RX 570 8GB
RAM: 2x8GB DDR4
MOBO: H310m S2H 2.0
SSD & HDD.

I have the same issue rn I read something about like if you have ur bios in legacy and turn on secure boot it switches to ufei or the opposite I don’t remember but either way it’s not detecting the gpu you can try to plug in ur monitor to the motherboard if the motherboard has and port for that and if your cpu has integrated graphics[/QUOTE]

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Some clues as to what might help in this thread:

Not sure what TPM has to do with the game mentioned, though.

This is the issue: https://www.neowin.net/news/playing-valorant-on-windows-11-requires-tpm-20-and-secure-boot/

Reactions: stressato

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Reactions: stressato

stressato

Commendable
Dec 1, 2020
You may need to manually reset your motherboard BIOS before anything else:

Page 17 of manual.

See pages 28 and 29 of your motherboard manual to set options:

https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_h310m-s2h-20_e.pdf

See here to convert MBR to GPT:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...management/change-an-mbr-disk-into-a-gpt-disk

I'm sorry to say that, but it's not helpful at all. There's no output on the screen so I can't do any of these things.

stressato

Commendable
Dec 1, 2020
You don't need an output to clear your BIOS and reset to its default state. Have you done that?

If that is successful, you can attempt the other things.
Yes I know, I already tried to clear the BIOS with the CMOS battery and jumper. Still no luck. I'm gonna try tomorrow with a cpu swap.

stressato

Commendable
Dec 1, 2020
Hi. We solved by swapping CPUs, my friend had an F series so one without integrated graphics. I gave him one (i5-8400) and we did reset the bios, now everything works perfect. Big thanks to COLGeek and everyone here for the help.

Last edited:
Solution