Question Black screen and blue screen on HP laptop ?

Nov 21, 2023
Hello everyone, I have a huge issue with my HP Pavilion 15-ec1001sl laptop and I hope you can help me 🤞.

It all started yesterday when suddenly the computer shut down, and every time I tried to turn it on, the light came on, but the screen stayed black unless I pressed Windows + B before turning it on (the only option I found initially). After realizing it wasn't a screen issue, I searched online and was advised to update the BIOS with a USB drive, which I did, but it didn't solve anything.

In the evening, after leaving it off all day, I tried turning it on, and everything worked, but after 10/20 minutes of use, it gave me a blue screen. I tried multiple times, but the problem persisted. At one point, it stopped loading Windows, so I decided to format, but it was chaotic because every time I tried, it gave me constant blue screens. Then it started to progress during the Windows installation, but at 70/80%, I encountered another blue screen.

Through trial and error, I moved the RAM to a different slot, disconnected one of the two fans due to noise and a previous indication of a fan problem. Today, when I try to turn it on, the screen doesn't light up, and I'm at a loss.

The RAM is new, it's not a virus (all checks were done), and the fan issue was addressed. Now, the PC turns on, but the screen doesn't work, and I don't have an operating system because I formatted but couldn't install the new Windows. What could it be, and how can I fix it?

TRENDING THREADS