Question Black Screen on gtx3060ti

Mimmoz

Prominent
Sep 6, 2021
Hello everyone,
I've been having a problem for a few months.
More or less 80% of the time I start games that use a lot of graphics memory, the monitor no longer receives a signal from the graphics card, and after about twenty seconds the PC restarts or i have to restart it manually. I'm having the problem with games like Battlefiel 2042 and Warzone. With League of Legends i dont have any problem of lost signal ( i just have low fps sometimes, that is weird on a game like that). 2 or 3 times i get the problem just with google chrome.
For the first year i had no problem at all.
On the internet are a lot of people having the same problem but i cant find a solution... I cant even understand if is an hardware problem.
Last thing i can do is a clear installation of Windows...

- Windows 10
  • MSI X570 Tomahawk wifi
  • Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060Ti
  • AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Corsair RM750x 80
I've already reset and updated the drivers with ddu.
No problem with 3dmark benchmark

The error: The description for Event ID 14 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer. If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event. Thanks

UPDATE: I inserted the gpu in the other slot of the MOBO, now i dont have the crash of the gpu but i still have a lot of problem like fps lag with low settings.

Hello everyone,
More or less 80% of the time I start games that use a lot of graphics memory, the monitor no longer receives a signal from the graphics card, and after about twenty seconds the PC restarts or i have to restart it manually. I'm having the problem with games like Battlefiel 2042 and Warzone. With League of Legends i dont have any problem of lost signal ( i just have low fps sometimes, that is weird on a game like that). 2 or 3 times i get the problem just with google chrome.
On the internet are a lot of people having the same problem but i cant find a solution... I cant even understand if is an hardware problem.

- Windows 10
  • MSI X570 Tomahawk wifi
  • AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Corsair RM750x 80

The error: The description for Event ID 14 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer. If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event. Thanks

UPDATE: I inserted the gpu in the other slot of the MOBO, now i dont have the crash of the gpu but i still have a lot of problem like fps lag with low settings.
Everyone will argue with me on the this but I promise your issue lays in the power..... No one understands how much of a power spikes rtx cards have that paired with your already "highish" end PC and the power it wants on its own the high power spikes from the gpu, is draining the caps maxing the power limits of the psu

Mimmoz

Prominent
Sep 6, 2021
I have two doubts then:
  • when i wrote on this and other forums 2 years ago for help assembling this pc, everybody told me 500 was enough, and i bought 750 just "to be sure".
  • why the first year i had no problem at all?
How can i be sure is the psu? can i do some test?

Thanks

I have two doubts then:
  • when i wrote on this and other forums 2 years ago for help assembling this pc, everybody told me 500 was enough, and i bought 750 just "to be sure".

Thanks
For one 500w deffently not enough you look up power requirements for a standard 3060 and it's 600 min.
As for the system working a year not showing problems doesn't mean it wasn't a problem just means it was functioning to an extent of not impeding the system till now.... Over time the weak caps that were used to assemble the psu have worn out and are just caping out at this point I have seen this some many times the past few months recently people in the exact position you are in now are learning just how powerful hungry these cards get..... I no longer recommend a minimum psu of 750w these hens they're that hungry.... The lowest I will recommend these days with a high end system is a good teir 1000w

Mimmoz

Prominent
Sep 6, 2021
For one 500w deffently not enough you look up power requirements for a standard 3060 and it's 600 min.

As for the system working a year not showing problems doesn't mean it wasn't a problem just means it was functioning to an extent of not impeding the system till now.... Over time the weak caps that were used to assemble the psu have worn out and are just caping out at this point I have seen this some many times the past few months recently people in the exact position you are in now are learning just how powerful hungry these cards get..... I no longer recommend a minimum psu of 750w these hens they're that hungry.... The lowest I will recommend these days with a high end system is a good teir 1000w

I bought the asus 1200 thor, hope ill be the solution.

I checked online on website that compare system with the watt needed, and mine should use 400w...and I had a 750...

But I trust you ahah

logainofhades

Titan
A Corsair RM750x is plenty for their build. Their rig is rated at 50w less power than my R7 5800x build with an RX 6800, and I am using a 650w Fractal Ion SFX gold psu, without issue, for the past two years. I would run DDU, to wipe the drivers, then install the latest, from Nvidia.

Reactions: KyaraM

Mimmoz

Prominent
Sep 6, 2021
A Corsair RM750x is plenty for their build. Their rig is rated at 50w less power than my R7 5800x build with an RX 6800, and I am using a 650w Fractal Ion SFX gold psu, without issue, for the past two years. I would run DDU, to wipe the drivers, then install the latest, from Nvidia.

I did it like 3 or 4 times...nothing changed.

I have two doubts then:

Thanks
Amd " ryzens 5800x"
Default TDP

65W

125W
Max. Operating Temperature (Tjmax)

90°C

90°C
Memory Support

DDR4-3200 Up to 128GB

DDR4 up to 3200MHz Up to 128GB

Standard rtx "3060"
"Nvidia we" recommends a 750 Watts and above PSU in the official specs.

I don't know where you got your specs, on PSU requirements, but it is wrong.

Makes no sense as to why they have two different recommend wats.... However everyone that I know who has a 30xx rtx or 60xx radeon card never get the full potential of the cards unless they have 1000w psu in a high end system like this, and the people who who experience crashes is because the gpu are eating the psu's caps. And in the end fryed the psu.... Have never had anyone complain or have any issues after upgrading to 1000w or higher so I believe the 750w min

Better be an extremely good one though if its 750

I have two doubts then:

Thanks
I'm sorry going back over the message I forgot to explain how to test if the psu is the issue or not.

Find out what the settings would be for x4 speeds on the gpu undervolt/clock the gpu to these specs, then slow jump the specs up with the gpu in the original pcie lane.... If the system works to a certain point most likely psu fried... You can also test your system with a buddy's psu.... And if it is still crashing with a "KNOWN" good psu the other gentleman maybe right and it's the mobo but I would test with a min 850w psu just to be safe and not ruin anyone's components...

I'm not a certified Nvidia tech so I can't say 100% certainty that I'm right on the power requirements but I'd rather be safe then sorry..... And again everything your experience is the same as so many others where as just a simple upgrade in psu solved the problem

Hello everyone,

- Windows 10
  • MSI X570 Tomahawk wifi
  • AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Corsair RM750x 80

What brand is the gpu?

Mimmoz

Prominent
Sep 6, 2021
2 days i played without problem, i just have to play with medium settings ( have a friend with same conf as me and he played same game high/ultra).
And today the problem is back😭😞
cant understand why i played 2 days without problem.

KyaraM

Admirable
Everyone will argue with me on the this but I promise your issue lays in the power..... No one understands how much of a power spikes rtx cards have that paired with your already "highish" end PC and the power it wants on its own the high power spikes from the gpu, is draining the caps maxing the power limits of the psu
That's nonsense. Even with power spikes, the card won't draw over 700W on its own. I run a 3070Ti without problems on 750W, and that card draws about 90W than the 3060Ti. People here very well understand transient power spikes. Even the biggest RTX 3000 cards "only" get spikes up to 2.5x their rating; for a 3060Ti, that would be maybe 500W. There is no change in hell that card will ever draw more than 700W. And good PSUs will draw additional power past their rated specs if necessary for a very dhort time, to further cussion spikes. Example, my 750W PSU can go up to 820W in a pinch. So, I'm sorry, but what you say is nonsense.

logainofhades

Titan
Makes no sense as to why they have two different recommend wats.... However everyone that I know who has a 30xx rtx or 60xx radeon card never get the full potential of the cards unless they have 1000w psu in a high end system like this, and the people who who experience crashes is because the gpu are eating the psu's caps. And in the end fryed the psu.... Have never had anyone complain or have any issues after upgrading to 1000w or higher so I believe the 750w min

Better be an extremely good one though if its 750

The 3060 and 3060ti make up the 3060 family, each have their own wattage requirements. They have a Corsair RM750x, which is a top notch model. A 3060ti doesn't need more, no more than my RX 6800 does.

Reactions: KyaraM