Question Black screen with sound wilst gaming

Jul 10, 2022
Hi ive just build a new pc and ive run into a problem.

When I start a game my pc black screens but i can stil hear discord and game sound they cant here me and then I need to restart. When I brought my pc to a shop they said everything was fine. Ive tried different monitors and key boards and it didnt make a difference. So im a bit lost, hope you guys can help me out. btw drivers are also up to date
Specs
Intel core i7 12700k
Msi pro z690-A wifi
32 gb corsair vengeance rgb
Samsung 970 evo plus 2tb
Nvidia rtx 3070
Corsair rm1000x

Jul 10, 2022
Hi I tried it and it didnt work it did the same thing. Also it doesnt do it right away. For example yesterday I played for a few hours and it worked fine

Jul 10, 2022
I’m having the same issue and we have surprisingly similar pc specs.

Intel Core i5-12600K
MSI PRO Z690-A WIFI DDR4
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB
Samsung 980 Pro 2TB
Nvidia RTX 3070 Founders Edition
Corsair RM750

CompuGuy71

Proper
Jul 20, 2022
If you've just built this machine, make sure that you have all of your RAM modules seated properly, all your PCIe components properly seated into their slots and all the power cables are clipped in.

Have you tried a different port on your graphics card? What about onboard graphics? Does this happen with all games and loads or just doing what you described earlier?

Jul 10, 2022
Hi Thanks for your reply ive tried a few new things. The sytem belongs to a friend so I also have my own pc that works fine. When i put my own gpu in his pc the same thing happend (a 1660ti) then i tried putting the 3070 and his power suply in my pc and everything worked fine. And now ive rebuild the pc and installed a support for the gpu to stop it from sagging and it seems to be fixed. Wich I still find weird .

CompuGuy71

Proper
Jul 20, 2022
Hi Thanks for your reply ive tried a few new things. The sytem belongs to a friend so I also have my own pc that works fine. When i put my own gpu in his pc the same thing happend (a 1660ti) then i tried putting the 3070 and his power suply in my pc and everything worked fine. And now ive rebuild the pc and installed a support for the gpu to stop it from sagging and it seems to be fixed. Wich I still find weird .

Sometimes stress on a PCIe socket is enough to cause issues like that. My first machine had a sagging GPU and it totally trashed that PCIe slot. A 3070 is heavy card and I'm sure has multiple fans on it. A socket brace is not the worst idea in the world