Question Blank screen after Enabling Secure boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 26, 2021
Hi,
Recently I checked Windows 11 compatibility by an app by Microsoft. It showing we need to enable secure boot, so I enabled the secure boot in BIOS. After that only blank screen is showing in monitor.
I checked on google, and tried to reset the BIOS in almost everyway.
After resetting bios when the power is on 2 times the system restarting and third time the system is on but still the blank screen showing.
System configuration
Intel core i5 9400F(Discrete graphics required)
Gigabyte B360M motherboard
Zotac NVidia Geforce GTX 1650
LG 24" Led monitor that connected with HDMI
8gb Corsair ram
VS550 corsair SMPS

Please help me

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2021
Had the same problem yesterday on my AB350N-Gaming Wifi. I turned on Secure Boot, with everything that means - Disabling CSM, changing the PK key to the automatic Gigabyte one and finally turning Secure Boot on. When I pressed save and exit, my computer didn't boot up, just a blank screen. I had to clear the CMOS.
Does anyone know what causes this? I definitely want to be able to update to Windows 11 when the time comes.

Running it with Ryzen 5 1600.

Reactions: Vkwyd
Jun 26, 2021
Did you make any other changes besides changing Secure Boot to enabled?
Make sure the boot order was not changed?

Reset your BIOS and try enabling Secure Boot again.

Also enabled TPM module and already i tried to reset BIOS and still the problem persists and I think normally without graphic card the display will work, but in my case my processor intel 9400 f need a graphic card to work

Also enabled TPM module and already i tried to reset BIOS and still the problem persists and I think normally without graphic card the display will work, but in my case my processor intel 9400 f need a graphic card to work
Was you BIOS on Legacy mode and you happen to switch it to UEFI?

If the OS was installed while the BIOS was on Legacy or CSM, drivers and configuration is set to legacy mode.
On some systems when you switch to UEFI, the system might not boot because the OS does not expects UEFI mode.

Since you started the thread, I installed Windows 11 in 3 systems (HP, DELL & B550 AMD board).
I was able to installed on 2 of them with Secure Boot disabled and after enabling both systems (HP, AMD board) booted but I noticed Windows installing or setting up hardware.

The older system with a 4th gen Intel CPU won't boot if I switch UEFI to Legacy. Changing it back to UEFI allows the system to boot.

Reactions: Vkwyd
Jun 26, 2021
How to change
Was you BIOS on Legacy mode and you happen to switch it to UEFI?

If the OS was installed while the BIOS was on Legacy or CSM, drivers and configuration is set to legacy mode.
On some systems when you switch to UEFI, the system might not boot because the OS does not expects UEFI mode.

Since you started the thread, I installed Windows 11 in 3 systems (HP, DELL & B550 AMD board).
I was able to installed on 2 of them with Secure Boot disabled and after enabling both systems (HP, AMD board) booted but I noticed Windows installing or setting up hardware.

The older system with a 4th gen Intel CPU won't boot if I switch UEFI to Legacy. Changing it back to UEFI allows the system to boot.
How to reset to default
Tried to reset bios

Reactions: Usikuahmed
Jul 28, 2021
Already tried
But still the issue continues
Hi. Did you find the solution? I had the same problem. In my case, the processor is an i3 9100f. So as far as I understood, after enabling secure boot, the graphic card was not detected while booting. So the only solution was to replace the processor with an integrated graphics one and take display output from the mobo directly and change the bios back to default. I did this by taking into a service center and they did exactly the same. If you found any other workaround, please mention that because I am also eager to try Windows 11.

Sep 10, 2021
Hi,
Recently I checked Windows 11 compatibility by an app by Microsoft. It showing we need to enable secure boot, so I enabled the secure boot in BIOS. After that only blank screen is showing in monitor.
I checked on google, and tried to reset the BIOS in almost everyway.
After resetting bios when the power is on 2 times the system restarting and third time the system is on but still the blank screen showing.
System configuration
Intel core i5 9400F(Discrete graphics required)
Gigabyte B360M motherboard
Zotac NVidia Geforce GTX 1650
LG 24" Led monitor that connected with HDMI
8gb Corsair ram
VS550 corsair SMPS

Please help me
Here is what i learned after facing same issue:
After turning on secure boot in bios and reboot, had same reaction- no picture on display. Reading forums for information found that is some kind of problem about display interfaces.
What i tried:
Removing cmos batery wont help for me, tryed removing for 10 mins using power button and tried jumper for clearing cmos.
Tryed launch Q-Flash utility - no reaction.

What helped for me:
We went in local PC -Store since we had no other cabels except HDMI, and asked them to connect to some Other Monitors Using Different Interfaces - No reaction On HDMI, Vga, Or DP, then i asked to plug in any other GPU and then? OH MIRACLE. everything showed via same HDMI Cable that we had. We loaded default settings but Secure boot needs to be Turn off Manually, even after loading bios default settings Secure boot stayed turned on.
So the only solution that helped me is plug in Other GPU and then restore Bios Defaults.

Hope that Information will help somone.

Cheers.

Oct 5, 2021
I have ab350m motherboard with ryzen 2600
what I did and it solved the problem
I removed the cmos battery for 6min I think with repeated press on power button then I tried to connect it via dvi slot of motherboard .. it normally won't show anything bc there no integrated graphic card so i just tried and it worked
it didn't show anything but it helped to reset the bios then i turned it off
and put my external graphic card back and it boot and finally it resets the bios to the normal
and i tried to enable the secure boot again
but once you disable csm option you can't boot on legacy boot option
so I'm confused now what to do

Oct 6, 2021
I have ab350m motherboard with ryzen 2600
what I did and it solved the problem
I removed the cmos battery for 6min I think with repeated press on power button then I tried to connect it via dvi slot of motherboard .. it normally won't show anything bc there no integrated graphic card so i just tried and it worked
it didn't show anything but it helped to reset the bios then i turned it off
and put my external graphic card back and it boot and finally it resets the bios to the normal
and i tried to enable the secure boot again
but once you disable csm option you can't boot on legacy boot option
so I'm confused now what to do

How you reset bios blind

Can you help?

Oct 10, 2021
Already tried
But still the issue continues
Hello
i have this problem after turn on secure boot,тo solve the problem remove GPU automatically switches after that to integrated graphic and PC functions normally,after that you go in BIOS you do back up on BIOS writes "back up be while everything was fine" something like this.Next step is back GPU and everything is okay.This work for me and i stay for windows 10 :D

Oct 13, 2021
Hlo,i have just experienced same problem - No Display signal after enabling secure boot,tried resetting bios by jumper and cmos battery but nothing worked for me,switched cpu to 8th gen with integrated graphics but still no display(have F series cpu) and switched graphics card to gt 610 but still no signal.contacted a local shop and he said bios is corrupted although i dont know if it was corrupted or setting was not changing with bios reset.
here's the solution which helped me
i contacted to a guy who repairs motherboard,he just took out BIOS Chip from the motherboard and Used BIOS Programmer To Flash The Motherboard bios and updated it.
it fixed my problem and i got display back and motherboard settings were fully reset.
although if you have dual bios or a feature in the motherboard to flash bios without even going to bios (through just usb and pushing a switch) u can just switch bios or u can just flash bios and update bios,it will change motherboard settings and u will get display back.

Oct 14, 2021
Here is the exact reason for the problem and the fix. I went through hours trying to get mine fixed until I figured out it had to do with the graphics card, then I searched on Nvidia's site and found this article. BTW, it has nothing to do with Windows 8, I'm on 10. I have a Aora Z390 Ultra MB and I saw several people with the same issue with this board, but it's definitely not specific to the board:
https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/ans...t-graphics-card-into-a-certified-windows-8-pc

BTW, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO CLEAR YOUR CMOS! That will not fix this problem and is not necessary for this fix.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2021
Here is the exact reason for the problem and the fix. I went through hours trying to get mine fixed until I figured out it had to do with the graphics card, then I searched on Nvidia's site and found this article. BTW, it has nothing to do with Windows 8, I'm on 10. I have a Aora Z390 Ultra MB and I saw several people with the same issue with this board, but it's definitely not specific to the board:
https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/ans...t-graphics-card-into-a-certified-windows-8-pc

BTW, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO CLEAR YOUR CMOS! That will not fix this problem and is not necessary for this fix.

I'm having this issue but do not have an integrated graphics card. What are my options?

Oct 14, 2021
I'm having this issue but do not have an integrated graphics card. What are my options?

I read where someone had the same issue so they pulled their main card and put in a different card and booted using that card and it worked. I don't think they said what type of card it was, but maybe you know someone you can borrow a card from to try. That will be your solution, but I'm sorry I can't tell you what card will work.

Dpy

Nov 20, 2021
Hey i faced same issue.
Specs:
i3 9100F (no integrated graphics)
Gigabyte h310m m.2 2.0
Geforce GT 710 graphics

I changed my processor with i3 9100 (has integrated graphics). Removed graphics card. Connected monitor to mobo. Restart. BIOS displayed. Reset secure boot to disable. OS booted.

U can change processor within support range of your motherboard. In my case it was 8th or 9th gen intel processors.

Status
Not open for further replies.