Blizzard: We'd Probably Agree to Do a StarCraft Movie if James Cameron Was Invol

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beayn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
Starcraft Movie by James Cameron = 2 hours of love story 1 hour of action, for a total of 3 hours of good movie watching that could have been 2 hours.

guitarpeggio

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
[citation][nom]sliem[/nom]what?! a ghost needs to be fit and slim... Christina Hendricks have too big of boobs.[/citation]

I wish I could thumb you down a million times for criticizing my lady's physique.

beayn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
[citation][nom]jeverson[/nom]I think Joss Whedon would make a better fit for this film. I think his more realistic approach (see Fire Fly) would fit very nicely with the way the StarCraft stories are told. Especially when I remember the way the characters in the cut scenes interact with one another. Blizzard only picked Cameron for the marketing clout. Which is all Blizzard has become, a big useless marketing machine. I have almost no respect for game developers anymore. They have gotten as bad if not worse as the music and movie industries. Spend a lot of money producing crap, hyping the hell out of it, then charging out the * for it. Let the flame wars begin...[/citation]

I agree, Joss Whedon would be perfect. The campaign with country music and a revolver in hand in an old wooden saloon really reminded me of Firefly. (Cowboys in space) He would be perfect for this movie.

urlsen

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2007
[citation][nom]adrcalei[/nom]Finish Diablo 3![/citation]
I agree sir...no more bull, just release the puppy already :)

StarFyreXXX

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2010
I find more inspiration from Warhammer 40K for starcraft actually. pretty much exact copy :) Zerg = tyranids Protoss = Eldar Terrans = weaker version of Space Marines

Stifle

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
I think the James Cameron would do a better job than most in the film industry, but I am much more excited about seeing a film made by Valve. By gamers and for gamers will yield results that may not top the charts, or make as much money, but it will be legendary.

James Cameron is a stamp, put that on any movie and it will be successful, not matter how big a pile of crap that movie happens to be.

Travis Beane

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
I'll be honest. Blizzards 2 minute cinematics are better than most of the full length movies out there.
But if done, get a real director, and make it 7.5 hours (2.5 hours each, in a trilogy).
[citation][nom]jimishtar[/nom]quentin tarantino hheaheah would be hell of a fight there, zerg guts splashing everywhere[/citation]
That, my good sir, is something I want. Have Quentin Tarantino as a co-director whenever you need some dark humour or blood. :D

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]sliem[/nom]what?! a ghost needs to be fit and slim... Christina Hendricks have too big of boobs.[/citation]
Cause you've seen real ghosts to verify this? *boggle*

rrr1431

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2008
To me, it would be more important to have a good script/story/plot. A lot of movies based on video games are so lacking in story even if the source material had a pretty good story in place. (Any one remember the Wing Commander games? What about the movie?... nuff said)

[citation][nom]TommySch[/nom]Avatar was crap... Plz dont butcher the Starcraft franchise.[/citation]
Avatar is pretty much a remake of other movies such as the princess of mars. Great movie but some arent int othe theme. That said, the visuals are impressive at the least.

[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Ridley ScottNuff said[/citation]
That would be a good choice. Currently he is working on the next alien movie though.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]ssddx[/nom](Ridley Scott) That would be a good choice. Currently he is working on the next alien movie though.[/citation]
Yup, that's why I picked him.
Contentious but Alien was the best of all the Alien movies, also he has Blade Runner under his belt. The two best sci-fi movies ever made and same dude at the helm? Not a coincidence.

The only other Director I can think of that would create a whole visual eco-system for a totally immersive experience would be Terry Gilliam, sure some of his older films look a bit dated but Jabberwocky and Time Bandits got blockbuster reception from art-house budgets. When you give him a bit more money to work with you get things like 12 Monkeys.

G

great, two control freaks working for perfection... the movie will get finished by 3035 when the world is ready for a true 3d experience.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]danhibiki[/nom]the movie will get finished by 3035 when the world is ready for a true 3d experience.[/citation]
In 3035 Starcraft will be a "retro" historical film

dgingeri

Distinguished
With so many bad video game based movies, I'd be rather hesitant to watch either. However, Blizzard has always had such a vibrant, enthralling lore behind each of their big titles that it might just work, if they keep with the Blizzard timeline, lore, and plot. If they go off of what Blizzard has already set for their games, it could create significant problems.

I just don't want it to become another Doom class movie.

stige

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2010
what about Ridley Scott?

He has some experience with Space Marines and flame throwers and pulse rifles....

thehockeyinjun

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2010
The Questions was Do you think James Cameron would do a good job if he were to work on a StarCraft movie?

Uhhhhh does a bear poop in the woods? I belive "hell yah" would suffice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS