Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 4, 2021
So for the last couple months I have been trying to find and solve the issue that has been plaguing me since I got my PC brand new around march. Everything worked perfectly, I could play VRChat perfectly fine without issue for a whole day and everything. Then about a month after it slowly started to crash here or there, nothing to serious at the time. Then it got worse and worse as time went on the more I tried to play. After enough time it wouldn't and WONT last more than 5 minutes before crashing from the game or just outright causing a blue screen on me (mind you by the time I get the headset off and turn my monitor on the screen is gone and the system is rebooting.)

From what I have gathered and even done, all I know is the unity.dll through VRChat.exe is causing this access violation and killing itself.

I have performed all sorts of fix attempts that at this point and so long since I started I can't remember them all but I have done everything I could find short of sacrificing a person in a blood ritual or using a goat to summon satan to aid me... I am at my wits end and seek the brilliant minds here to possibly help me fix this so I can talk to friends again... I seriously miss them. It also should be said I even used Restoro the other day and it did its thing and fixed 116 issues it found so.. yea... there is that.

On a newer note The Forest is crashing ten minutes in every time I try to play after I just downloaded it. (playing in peaceful for fun of it...)

And now the ever important Specs of my PC. I am taking this right off the order sheet for my pc.
  • CPU: Intel® Core™ Processor i9-10900K 10/20 3.70GHz [Turbo 5.2GHz] 20MB Cache LGA1200
  • CS_FAN: 3X 120mm APEVIA 120mm Addressable RGB 1200RPM Fans w/ Hub + Remote Controller
  • FAN: Cooler Master MASTERLIQUID ML240L V2 240mm ARGB CPU Liquid Cooler with Copper Cold Plate
  • HDD: 240GB WD Green SSD + 8TB SATA III Hard Drive Combo
  • IUSB: Built-in USB Ports (Based on motherboard and case selection)
  • MEMORY: 32GB (16GBx2) DDR4/3000MHz Dual Channel Memory
  • MOTHERBOARD: ASRock Z490 Phantom Gaming 4 ATX, ARGB, 1GbE LAN, 2 PCIe x16, 3 PCIe x1, 6 SATA3, 1 M.2 (Key E) 1M.2 SATA/PCIe
  • NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
  • SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
  • VIDEO: GeForce RTX™ 3080 10GB GDDR6X

Solution
Minor discovery, your input made me take a closer look at what was inside my PC and the motherboard isnt what is on the specs from when I bought it. They apparently put in a Z590 phantom 4 and the tag on the board shows the bios being a p1.30.
The other thing that has been bothering me is why you're unable to get into BIOS/UEFI. I think our chums over at THAT store may have enabled FastBoot. This essentially tells the computer to skip everything and just go into Windows so fast that you don't have the opportunity to get into BIOS. The only way I know of to reset that is to clear CMOS. Shut the system down completely. Unplug the power cable. Open the case and remove the motherboard's battery. Wait five minutes and then...
Oct 4, 2021
Most recent VRchat crash report:
Description
Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\VRChat\VRChat.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: VRChat.exe
Application Version: 2019.4.31.23231
Application Timestamp: 6152dd43
Fault Module Name: UnityPlayer.dll
Fault Module Version: 2019.4.31.23231
Fault Module Timestamp: 6152de59
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000000000010a1d3
OS Version: 10.0.19043.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 2d82
Additional Information 2: 2d82cd013238a8ee1f5018d310986105
Additional Information 3: 0608
Additional Information 4: 0608d0509de23c3023e963b542cbd4d9

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 10d397f8ecadb2be0ba37aea228c7bd8 (1991570606248459224)

Wolfshadw

Titan
Did your order sheet happen to list the exact manufacturer and model number of the power supply? If not, open the case and look at the sticker on the side of the power supply and let us know.

(mind you by the time I get the headset off and turn my monitor on the screen is gone and the system is rebooting.)
There should be a setting in BIOS/UEFI that allows you to change this setting. Check your motherboard's user manual for settings in BIOS. Should be something like Reset/Restart on Error or something like that. If it's on, turn it off. This will prevent the system from rebooting on the error.

It also should be said I even used Restoro the other day and it did its thing and fixed 116 issues it found so.. yea... there is that.
IMO, this was a mistake. Sites/Tools like this claim to have fixed items, but in truth, you have no idea what they "fixed", if anything. I've seen numerous reports of these type of tools finding issues and brand new systems; Windows installed and updated. Nothing else, but they still find issues. Some will actually introduce malware onto your system.

-Wolf sends

Oct 4, 2021
My current power supply is a EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2 80+ GOLD, 1300W Fully Modular NVIDIA SLI and Crossfire Ready (took the name from Amazon where I bought this power supply)

Unless I am just being a raging moron (entirely possible) I can't seem to find a setting like that in the manual. I grabbed the asrock app though and it shows my bios is 1.30 with a 1.60 version being out as well. On a side note I have tried to boot my bios and such in the past without being able to, I just get a black screen. I have never had this sort of issue with other PCs before so I have no idea how to go about even pulling up the bios when all I get is a black screen.

At this point I am desperate. On the other hand though after using that I could play Monster Hunter World perfectly fine (this was crashing after about 20 minutes into every play session) and I can play however long I want to now. Though it didn't solve the on going issue have with VRC. Webroot (might get shade for using that) hasn't found anything of note either but yeah, I understand how this was a huge error on my part.

Wolfshadw

Titan
My current power supply is a EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2 80+ GOLD, 1300W Fully Modular NVIDIA SLI and Crossfire Ready (took the name from Amazon where I bought this power supply)
Failing power supplies are always one of the first suspects in high-end systems like yours; especially if it's not listed in the system specs. However, if the system works fine in Monster Hunter World and only crashes in VR Chat, then I do not suspect the power supply.

Unless I am just being a raging moron (entirely possible) I can't seem to find a setting like that in the manual.
Yeah. I checked through the manual as well and did not find an entry there. It may be a feature that has been phased out over the years.

I grabbed the asrock app though and it shows my bios is 1.30 with a 1.60 version being out as well.
You need to check your motherboard model number again or maybe the ASRock App is wrong, but on the support page I linked above, there is no BIOS version 1.30 or 1.60 (initial BIOS is 1.20 and the latest is 1.50). This would be my primary concern right now. Have you ever been able to get into BIOS? If so, did you ever make any changes to settings while there?

-Wolf sends

Oct 4, 2021
Mind you I am not an advanced techie or anything, I am just reading what the app told me. Though I don't really even know any more. And to answer the question, the first time I tried getting into BIOS I was not able to, but I just read up a little in the manual about hwo to open the bios dashboard so I am going to try and get into it in a moment.
G8qR3y4.png

Oct 4, 2021
Minor discovery, your input made me take a closer look at what was inside my PC and the motherboard isnt what is on the specs from when I bought it. They apparently put in a Z590 phantom 4 and the tag on the board shows the bios being a p1.30.

Wolfshadw

Titan
The other thing that has been bothering me is why you're unable to get into BIOS/UEFI. I think our chums over at THAT store may have enabled FastBoot. This essentially tells the computer to skip everything and just go into Windows so fast that you don't have the opportunity to get into BIOS. The only way I know of to reset that is to clear CMOS. Shut the system down completely. Unplug the power cable. Open the case and remove the motherboard's battery. Wait five minutes and then reassemble the system. Once put back together, go ahead and boot the system to see if you can get into BIOS now.

If you can get into BIOS, don't make any changes, exit and reboot the system again and test your VR Chat to see if it's still crashing on you.

-Wolf sends

Solution
Oct 4, 2021
I will try and do that.. Time to go to youtube and figure this out, I do not want to screw this up.

On a side note I have learned my error in where I bought from.. I now live on MT. Regret.

Oct 4, 2021
Alright! After fighting to get around my graphics card I was able to pop the battery out and get it back in and I was able to run the windows advanced startup into the UEFI screen. One thing down and now to try the game and everything.

Oct 4, 2021
You beautiful human being! After running it for more than an hour and a half I didn't crash or anything like that. The only thing I hit was some slowness when booting up and loading things in the game but past that it is all perfect and I can honestly deal with a slower boot up on my PC.

Reactions: Wolfshadw
Status
Not open for further replies.