Question Blue Yeti X microphone continuously disconnecting on Windows 10, particularly on discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 6, 2021
Using a Blue Yeti X microphone for some shoutcasting purposes, and it keeps constantly disconnecting from my PC(Windows 10) and/or discord, causing me to have to unplug and replug it for it to continue working. Sometimes plugging it in it will tell me "USB device not recognized." Please help, I do need this microphone for some jobs/work. Is it something to do with the cable, drivers, etc?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Make and model of your motherboard? What BIOS version are you on at the time of writing? Considering that the mic you're using is USB drive, have you tried reinstalling your chipset/USB drivers for your platform? What OS version are you currently on? Ideally you should be on version 21H1. As for your drivers, always install/reinstall any and/or all drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Reactions: Adam0ne

Rathnhake

Reputable
Jan 8, 2020
Try downloading their app, once you log in i'll probably tell you something about an update to the mic (even if it doesn't need any driver or anything), after that it should stop the constant disconnecting

Jun 6, 2021
Try downloading their app, once you log in i'll probably tell you something about an update to the mic (even if it doesn't need any driver or anything), after that it should stop the constant disconnecting
Do yuo mean the Blue app? Because I have that and it hasn't been prompting me for anything

Jun 6, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Make and model of your motherboard? What BIOS version are you on at the time of writing? Considering that the mic you're using is USB drive, have you tried reinstalling your chipset/USB drivers for your platform? What OS version are you currently on? Ideally you should be on version 21H1. As for your drivers, always install/reinstall any and/or all drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.
How would I look to reinstall my USB/microphone drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.