Question Bluetooth an NFC reader to an Android phone ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 22, 2024
Hey guys. I am looking to try and hookup a NFC card reader to my Samsung Galaxy A54 phone via Bluetooth and need a little help. I want it to scan the NFC tag as if I was using my phone's default NFC reader (extending the range). Finding an NFC reader that suits has been difficult but I found the ACR1255U-J1 on eBay but its a bit pricey and want to know if anyone has any idea if this will work before I commit to buying it.
Does anyone have any experience with this type of project?
Let me know your thoughts.

Cheers

Ralston18

Titan
Question about:

"I want it to scan the NFC tag as if I was using my phone's default NFC reader (extending the range)".

Adding a reader and bluetooth requirements, etc., may make things more complicated with little benefit.

In what way or how is using a separate NFC Reader specifically going to extend the range?

What is the scanning requirement? Environment?

More information needed.

Jun 22, 2024
Question about:

"I want it to scan the NFC tag as if I was using my phone's default NFC reader (extending the range)".

Adding a reader and bluetooth requirements, etc., may make things more complicated with little benefit.

In what way or how is using a separate NFC Reader specifically going to extend the range?

What is the scanning requirement? Environment?

More information needed.
I'm looking for a suitable Bluetooth NFC reader to make the NFC reader wearable. my phone stays on my person while I simply wave my hand in front of a simple NFC tag. I working in warehousing and I scan the tags at my location of goods to register them. We use smartphones to fill orders and it would great if I could wave my hand instead of having to get my phone out every 5 seconds or carry the phone.

Ralston18

Titan
That is an idea that needs to be presented to your management and/or IT support team.

Implementing your own "process" could easily be mis-intrepreted in ways that would not end well for you.

Note: I have a family member who is a senior level engineer in automated warehousing for a major company.

I can assure you that if employees were discovered to be doing such things then, at best, they would not be employed for very long.

Closing thread accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.