Question Boot gets stuck at manufacturer logo on cold boot

Jul 14, 2024
Hi Guys.
I've been having this issue that has been anoying me for the last month aproximately. Whenever I boot my pc the next day after performing a shutdown (so when waking up), the boot gets stuck on the manufacturer logo, this only gets solved by forcing a shutdown and turning it back on again.

Solutions I have tried and had no success are:

-Disabling fast startup from the widows power settings
-Restoring BIOS to default settings.
-Updating the BIOS to the lastest version.

None of the above had any effect, except for some reason disabling the fast startup worked for like 3 boots and then everthing went back to normal, the most anoying fact is that the issue is kinda hard to reproduce, since when I turn the pc on and get stuck, I force the shutdown and everything goes back to normal.

My specs are:

CPU: R7 5800X3D
GPU: RTX 4090
MOBO: MPG B550 GAMING PLUS
RAM: Patriot Viper Steel DDR4-3600 16GB X2
PSU: Corsair HX Series HX1000, 1000 Watt

Would appreciate any pointers on what may be the cause for this as it's pretty annoying.

Thanks!!

PD: Forgot to add, my OS is W11 Home, Version 23H2

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

MOBO: MPG B550 GAMING PLUS
+
Updating the BIOS to the lastest version.
What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? Did you clear the CMOS after verifying your BIOS was updated to the latest?

To clear the CMOS, disconnect from the wall and display, remove the CMOS battery from the board, press and hold down the power button for 30secs to drain any residual power, then replace the battery after 30mins.

PSU: Corsair HX Series HX1000, 1000 Watt
How old is the unit?

You should specify the storage option on your build. If you can, check to see if it's pending any firmware updates.

Jul 14, 2024
Hi Lutfij! Thanks for the welcome and the pointers!

I actually did not try to verify the storage firmware and did have a pending update, hopefully it can help!

There is a BIOS update more recent that the one that I have and I did not clear the CMOS, so I will also check on that and update tomorrow, since as I comented this issue can only be reproduced once the PC has been turned off for some time and apart of using it for gaming I use it to work, will check back once I tried these to see if it hopefully solves this anoying issue :D.

As for the PSU, I really doubt the unit is the issue since the problem persist when trying with a diferent Corsair unit of 850w and the issue was still there.

My storage units are:
WD_BLACK SN850X NVMe SSD 1TB where my windows installation is in
&
WD Blue SATA SSD 2.5'' that's mainly a Data drive

Hopefully clearing CMOS and updating BIOS + Firmware update on the storage will do the trick! Will check back on with results tomorrow.