Aug 24, 2022
This is only my 3rd build and I’m not the best with navigating windows or software to begin with. Anyway, I built a new pc and only transferred my gpu and m.2 ssds over and didn’t wipe anything on the storage I just dropped it in and it booted up and the games ran fine for a bit probably 20 times or so it booted up fine but it doesn’t anymore because I tried restarting it. Now I’m stuck in a perpetual boot loop at the dreaded blue screen and it keeps saying I can use system repair and the other advanced options but whenever I select them it’ll typically give me a “problem restarting” issue then It got even worse after trying to restart it and gave me the bad blue screen and read the bad system config error. I don’t know how to resolve this issue. I’m willing to wipe the system at this point if that’ll resolve it but I’ve tried other options and end up nowhere. Sorry for the the long winded story if there’s any questions to the problem I’m open to answering thanks!

Yes, I'd recommend that you do a clean install. A clean install should REALLY be done ANYTIME you move from one platform to another, as in when you build a new system that uses an entirely different chipset and requires different driver support for the chipset, network adapters, storage controllers, audio, etc. It can sometimes work just plug and play without a clean install but usually there will be some kind of problems ranging from minor to major or some combination of the two. I always recommend a clean install when moving to a new platform or even just changing motherboards on the same generation and chipset. Too many fundamental differences between boards and too many experiences where it was a less than desirable outcome to waste time not doing that.

Hopefully you have anything important backed up elsewhere already.

Aug 24, 2022
I’m okay with doing all that but what’s a good process to wipe it? I don’t even care about the sensitive files because I don’t really have much on there except game stuff which I’ll just redownload. I figured as much that some drivers and firmware wasn’t compatible but What’s the best way to go about it?

USAFRet

Titan
I’m okay with doing all that but what’s a good process to wipe it? I don’t even care about the sensitive files because I don’t really have much on there except game stuff which I’ll just redownload. I figured as much that some drivers and firmware wasn’t compatible but What’s the best way to go about it?
During this next install, just DELETE all existing partitions.
In the above linked tutorial, Section II, Step 6 & 7 outline this.

As USAFRet said, in my guide that I linked to it tells you exactly what to do. You don't need to DO anything to wipe it. If you follow the instructions and when you get to the section he noted it will ask and you choose the "Custom" option, then you delete ALL the existing partitions that show for the target drive (Make sure ALL other drives are disconnected except the drive you are installing TO and the drive you are installing FROM (Which should be either a USB or optical disk drive)) and then click "Next" to install. Windows will automatically create the necessary partitions and perform any formatting that is required.

Aug 24, 2022
During this next install, just DELETE all existing partitions.
In the above linked tutorial, Section II, Step 6 & 7 outline this.

so I redownloaded a new windows drive on a usb. But my pc has windows installed on it and I can’t get to the windows screen I’m stuck at the blue screen still where it gives me troubleshoot options though and none of those options work for me I can’t system restore or anything it just all gives me error codes

USAFRet

Titan
so I redownloaded a new windows drive on a usb. But my pc has windows installed on it and I can’t get to the windows screen I’m stuck at the blue screen still where it gives me troubleshoot options though and none of those options work for me I can’t system restore or anything it just all gives me error codes
You're booting from the new USB?

How, exactly, did you create this USB?
Step by step, please.

Aug 24, 2022
You're booting from the new USB?

How, exactly, did you create this USB?
Step by step, please.

just like I did with my first pc I mean I followed those instructions too just to make sure but I have a ready windows on a separate usb and I can’t seem to access it from the blue screen at all.