yaboibaron

Reputable
Oct 12, 2017
Hello! I bought a freesync monitor and i have an nvidia gtx 1060 gpu. I run 2 displays, one freesync and the other is just a basic 60hz 1080p monitor. So My problem here is im noticing when my games full screen it automatically goes to 75hz refresh rate and its causing my system to kind of stutter? Ive read it could be because both monitors have different refresh rates. Is there anyway at all to turn off freesync? its making some things unplayable and not smooth. Thanks in advance! (PS also using HDMI for the display)

yaboibaron

Reputable
Oct 12, 2017
I would do full screen windowed but the game i play requires high fps for smooth combos in PvP, could you tell me where in nvidia settings? I did the monitor setting, it says its off but still switches it to 75 hz

WildCard999

Titan
I would do full screen windowed but the game i play requires high fps for smooth combos in PvP, could you tell me where in nvidia settings? I did the monitor setting, it says its off but still switches it to 75 hz
You can go into Windows > Display properties > advanced graphics adapter settings and set the monitor for 60hz to match your other monitor but I did update my previous post which says that your issue is probably the HDMI cable as it's not supported to work with that Freesync monitor.