[SOLVED] Bought an EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 XC3 Ultra Hybrid Gaming and need to make sure i have a case which can accomodate it ?

Jun 21, 2021
So I was not aware that this gpu came with a liquid cooler, and I currently have a 280mm kraken x62 AIO. I have a nzxt h500i case, but Im pretty sure they both won't fit. I have a
MSI MPG z390 mobo, 4x8gb ram.

Anyone have suggestions on a case that would accommodate these specs that's not too expensive ?

Solution
No, it will not work, since you already have a 280mm radiator up front and the remaining fan locations are both single fan locations that won't support another 240 or 280mm radiator.

Honestly, especially right now, it's unlikely you will find a case that will support both radiators AND the 277mm long graphics card, for less than maybe 130-140 bucks. The Fractal design Meshify C says it will support them both AND the length of the GPU, on paper, but I doubt it will handle a 277mm graphics card WITH a front mounted radiator installed as well. You will likely need something deeper like the Define R6 or R7, or Define S2 meshify.

Finding a case that will accommodate everything isn't really the problem. Finding one that will accommodate...
No, it will not work, since you already have a 280mm radiator up front and the remaining fan locations are both single fan locations that won't support another 240 or 280mm radiator.

Honestly, especially right now, it's unlikely you will find a case that will support both radiators AND the 277mm long graphics card, for less than maybe 130-140 bucks. The Fractal design Meshify C says it will support them both AND the length of the GPU, on paper, but I doubt it will handle a 277mm graphics card WITH a front mounted radiator installed as well. You will likely need something deeper like the Define R6 or R7, or Define S2 meshify.

Finding a case that will accommodate everything isn't really the problem. Finding one that will accommodate everything AND be "not too expensive", that is the problem. Especially right now when the prices of everything out there are pretty much through the roof.

Solution
Jun 21, 2021

Finding a case that will accommodate everything isn't really the problem. Finding one that will accommodate everything AND be "not too expensive", that is the problem. Especially right now when the prices of everything out there are pretty much through the roof.
I ended up buying this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PJ18S78?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details A few people said it looked like it should work. 240mm at the top, and up to 360mm in the front. Will this not work? only $76 for prime day

If you are happy with the features it offers, then PERHAPS it will work out for you. Personally, it has been a long time since I've been willing to recommend much of anything from CM. I have many older cases, like the Storm enforcer, that were excellent options for their day. But this case lacks a lock of features that have been standard on most cases for a lot of years, like drive sleds.

BUT, Steve at Gamers Nexus says the case has pretty decent airflow and for a configuration using two radiators, having extremely good airflow is paramount to almost any other feature requirements. My only recommendation would be that (Obviously) you probably want your CPU radiator in front as intake and your GPU card radiator in the top as an exhaust, with the rear fan as an additional exhaust.

And for the record, you probably want to watch this as well, just so you will be an informed enthusiast. It actually IS a rather important consideration.