Question Brand new SSD write speeds extremely slow.

Jun 13, 2022
Just got a brand new SSD earlier (a 960GB Kingston A400) and I'm just installing a few games onto it. But then after installing two games, the write speeds dropped to at an average of about 8-12 mb/s, and both the active time and average response time hovered in the really high values (90-100% active time, 2000-22000ms response time). AHCI is enabled. What could be causing this?

Jun 13, 2022
You have one more BIOS update pending. Also see if reinstalling your chipset drivers(with the latest version) in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator, helps.
I've reinstalled my chipset drivers and updated my bios to F55a, and the problem is still persisting. What else can I do?

Sep 9, 2022
Just got a brand new SSD earlier (a 960GB Kingston A400) and I'm just installing a few games onto it. But then after installing two games, the write speeds dropped to at an average of about 8-12 mb/s, and both the active time and average response time hovered in the really high values (90-100% active time, 2000-22000ms response time). AHCI is enabled. What could be causing this?
Similar(?) issue: Just installed a Crucial MX500 1 TB SSD in my Dell Inspiron 3670 [Intel Core i5, 16GB DDR4 RAM 2666MHz] to replace original 1 TB HDD. Testing on DiskMark shows SSD write speeds are about twice the HDD, BUT read speeds are about 3 times slower. Crazy!? New SSD is connected to SATA3; old HDD was connected to SATA0. HDD remains but is totally disconnected. Could this problem be same as being discussed here? Could my original 16GB of Optane memory be an issue?

TRENDING THREADS