Question Brand New System randomly restarts.

Zdos123

Honorable
Oct 26, 2016
Hello,
I was recently building a system for a mate, It all went together fine, turned it on and installed fine however about 5 minutes in it randomly restarted (like black screen then turned back on), thought nothing of it. Kept restarting, no consistency at all, under load and unloaded it wouldn't do it with any consitency, nothing triggered it apart it consistently apart from the witcher 3 which it crashes in the main menu after about 10 seconds, however this is resolved if you run prime95 of all things, you can get in a game and play for ages but the instance you stop stressing the CPU it crashes. I tried changing the PSU and the GPU for known good examples, ran memtest on the ram, updated the drivers for the GPU, updated the bios, turned off XMP and any OC, Reset Bios to default, Reinstalled windows all the stuff and no matter what we can't seem to get it stop having this issue, does anyone have any ideas.
CPU : Ryzen 5 5600x
GPU : Evga 3060 ti ftw 3 / GTX 1060 3gb (was used to test if it was the GPU)
RAM : Crucial Ballistix 8gbx2 @ 3200mhz
SSD : WD Blue 1TB SSD NVME
Mobo : MSI B550A Pro
PSU : Corsair TX650m / Seasonic GX650 (replaced the tx650)
Thanks,
Zdos123

Zdos123

Honorable
Oct 26, 2016
Sounds like that's most likely a PSU problem. The TX650 is a decent unit but you could definitely get better for the money. The 3000 series GPUs need steady power and a mid range PSU isn't going to cut it.

I've got an identical system at home with a tx 650m which runs fine under full load, in PSU rankings it ranks gold tier over on the ltt forum, and we bought a seasonic gx650 fully modular and the issue stayed the same, not to mention with an entirely different GPU the issue persisted.