[SOLVED] Bricked 1080ti bios - Nvflash - Adapter not accessible or supported EEPROM not found skipping - Detecting GPU failed - Expection Caught

dowerranger

Reputable
Jun 29, 2018
Hi guys,

I'm hoping you can help me out.
I recently bought a faulty Asus Strix GTX 1080ti from ebay which doesn't display a image.

It still has its warranty sticker on so has never been taken apart, and I've looked at the bios on NVflash and believe its been bricked by the previous owner maybe trying to flash a custom bios?

When typing NVflash --list the graphics card is recognized and shows up, however the EEPROM ID is 00,0000: Unknown - which looks wrong to me. (I've flashed a number of ex mining cards before)

I'm trying to restore the original bios but I keep getting the following error messages (see photos as well):

Adapter not accessible or supported EEPROM not found skipping - Detecting GPU failed - Expection Caught - Nothing changed!

I've been googling and some people have mentioned a program called HEX to make a custom bios that might fix it?

However I have no idea how to use that, so if anyone has any insight or can help me out I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks

https://ibb.co/MRZVYSj - This is a picture of nvflash errors