[SOLVED] Broadband speed can not up to 500Mb

Jan 11, 2020
My broadband company offer is 500Mb and it was well.
But since I upgrade my motherboard to 'B450M mortar Platinum'; my broadband speed can only take to around 200Mb.
I have changed my cable to CAT6 too. I double check with company and their troubleshooting can not change anything.

I am not sure is this in right place to post but can someone help me ?

Solution
Compal CH7465LG-VM by virgin media . I think it is able to take 500Mbps

Not seeing any specs on it, try asking your ISP about it and if it's capable of those speeds you want. And if that modem is approved by the ISP then try going for a 1Gb NIC card for your board.
Jan 11, 2020
I had the upload speed 50M, can this speed reflect the download speed of 500M ?

No, upload and download should not affect each other's speed, especially with so little users using the network.

Have you checked your router settings? Perhaps it was limited on there? Typically you can access it via web-browser at 192.168.0.1. Check your Router for the exact address you can visit

Jan 11, 2020
No, upload and download should not affect each other's speed, especially with so little users using the network.

Have you checked your router settings? Perhaps it was limited on there? Typically you can access it via web-browser at 192.168.0.1. Check your Router for the exact address you can visit
I have check this setting. It is showing my desktop speed is 1000Mbps.
This confuse me that my speed only 200MB and also the broadband company said my device can only accept 200MB.

This confuse me that my speed only 200MB and also the broadband company said my device can only accept 200MB.

What @faalin said. Some modems do not provide speeds above 200Mbps. You never specified if the slow internet speed was isolated to just your computer or to the whole house. I see your LAN (Realtek® 8111H ) on your board is a gigabit controller, so it should be able to reach 500Mbps.

When did you purchase that 500Mbps speed from your ISP, did they provide a modem with that deal (if yes, what model as faalin asked), or did you get your own?

"broadband company said my device can only accept 200MB" This part right here leads me to believe that the modem they supplied or the one you told them you have is only capable ot 200MB.

If you're renting a modem from them ask them to come out and install a new one that will do the rated speeds your paying for, or if you bought your own then you need to go out and get a faster one.

Right now your paying for speeds your hardware cant handle and your just throwing money out the window.

Jan 11, 2020
"broadband company said my device can only accept 200MB" This part right here leads me to believe that the modem they supplied or the one you told them you have is only capable ot 200MB.

If you're renting a modem from them ask them to come out and install a new one that will do the rated speeds your paying for, or if you bought your own then you need to go out and get a faster one.

Right now your paying for speeds your hardware cant handle and your just throwing money out the window.
Well, they said my device mean my PC ... I am not sure about the modem but Since i change to 300MB at first time , this modem is brandnew from them. But after I change to 500MB, I still use the same modem and they did not replace for me.

Jan 11, 2020
What @faalin said. Some modems do not provide speeds above 200Mbps. You never specified if the slow internet speed was isolated to just your computer or to the whole house. I see your LAN (Realtek® 8111H ) on your board is a gigabit controller, so it should be able to reach 500Mbps.

When did you purchase that 500Mbps speed from your ISP, did they provide a modem with that deal (if yes, what model as faalin asked), or did you get your own?
Also, someone give me advice says my lan is 1G one but may only take 200MB speed, but if i get another1G lan on my pc will take the speed to 500MB. Is this way ture?

Also, someone give me advice says my lan is 1G one but may only take 200MB speed, but if i get another1G lan on my pc will take the speed to 500MB. Is this way ture?

You could get one.
Normally that would be a 1Gb NIC (Network interface card), which might look like this (depending on the model you buy):
NIC-min-696x366.jpg

But first ask your ISP if your specific modem does support 500Mbps, so get your modem's model beforehand.

Jan 11, 2020
You could get one.
Normally that would be a 1Gb NIC (Network interface card), which might look like this (depending on the model you buy):
NIC-min-696x366.jpg

But first ask your ISP if your specific modem does support 500Mbps, so get your modem's model beforehand.

Compal CH7465LG-VM by virgin media . I think it is able to take 500Mbps