Dec 30, 2020
Hello y'all.

I recently got my hands on a Strix 5700xt. The problem is that the rgb on the backplate is not working. So I opened it up and saw that the connector wasn't plugged in. The reason why is because of the broken female connector (I think) Here is the link to the picture.

Does someone know what this type of connector is called? Maybe I can find a replacement part on aliexpress or something.

Thanks in advance.

Wish y'all a happy new year.

https://ibb.co/wQJ9ctL

Solution
After market GPU manufacturers make almost 0 components in house. Everything is either off the shelf component/part or made to order which you can get from manufacturer (of the component/part) or resellers if you have the part number. If you are comfortable with soldering look for part number on that connector or search Chinese marketplaces for something like "surface mount locking four ping female connector". Although this connector is used for RGB here its probably has nothing to do with RGB and its most likely an ordinary 4 pin connector.

You can probably get away with any small 4 pin connector as long as the four pins align with soldering pads and you buy the matching male connector.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Pins are busted clean off, 3 of them. Only way that's going to happen is if someone else took the back off (presumably to use waterblock or aio cooling, and had no idea what they were getting into and broke the connector trying to seperate it. It's not fixable other than by OEM, those are proprietary connectors, you won't find them in ali-express. If you were very excellent at soldering, looks like it'd be repairable if you found the same model on ebay with a 'busted-for parts only' tag.

Reactions: Locomexicano68

haseeb98ahm

Honorable
Jan 30, 2018
After market GPU manufacturers make almost 0 components in house. Everything is either off the shelf component/part or made to order which you can get from manufacturer (of the component/part) or resellers if you have the part number. If you are comfortable with soldering look for part number on that connector or search Chinese marketplaces for something like "surface mount locking four ping female connector". Although this connector is used for RGB here its probably has nothing to do with RGB and its most likely an ordinary 4 pin connector.

You can probably get away with any small 4 pin connector as long as the four pins align with soldering pads and you buy the matching male connector.

Reactions: Locomexicano68
Solution