Question Browsing for new laptop for university

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Josh I

Prominent
Feb 12, 2019
Hello!

I am currently looking for a new laptop for university, in which I am attending the Computer Science program and wondering if I could get some thoughts on whats best the best laptop for that environment.

1. What is your budget? $1000-1200 CAD or $750-900 USD (Though may be willing to increase depending on the laptop)

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 14 inch and higher

3. What screen resolution do you want? 1920 x 1080

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Something portable

5. How much battery life do you need? +5 hours

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? No gaming.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Programming and math related stuff.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 500 GB - 1TB

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. No specific sites.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 4 years would be the most optimal.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? None.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. I don't have any preference.

13. What country do you live in? Canada

I appreciate any and all thoughts! :)

Thanks!

You have to go to your school CS dept. site to check the requirements, they will list the detail for buying the computer, and each school has different kinds of these requirements. And then buy the best one you can afford.

Reactions: I Josh I
Status
Not open for further replies.