Question BSOD after Windows login since changing motherboard ?

I changed my motherboard to a new Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite v2 in December, since then I have been facing random bsod after login into Windows. Today strangely it gave a complete new BSOD "netwtw06.sys" Google search revealed it to be related to Wifi card (Asus PCI card using Intel 8260).
Previously it would be System Service Exception, amdkmdag.sys, Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap, Page Fault in Non Paged area, ntoskrnl.exe, etc and others that didn't pinpoint exactly where it came from.

I have reinstalled Windows and all drivers are latest up to date.

I have 4 sticks of TridentZ RAM running at 3600mhz. The model of the ram is in their Compatibility list. The CPU is not overclocked.

Specs:
Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite v2
Ryzen 3500
TridentZ RGB 8X4 3600Mhz
MSI RX 6600
Kingston NVMe 250gb as boot (95% health), Wd sn550, mx500 1000gb as game drive both 100% health.
Antec EAG 750W PSU

So can anyone help to pinpoint what exactly is causing these BSOD's and why they are happening on the new motherboard 99% of the time just after the login screen and going to desktop. Motherboard doesn't seem faulty to me.

kanewolf

Titan
I changed my motherboard to a new Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite v2 in December, since then I have been facing random bsod after login into Windows. Today strangely it gave a complete new BSOD "netwtw06.sys" Google search revealed it to be related to Wifi card (Asus PCI card using Intel 8260).
Previously it would be System Service Exception, amdkmdag.sys, Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap, Page Fault in Non Paged area, ntoskrnl.exe, etc and others that didn't pinpoint exactly where it came from.

I have reinstalled Windows and all drivers are latest upto date.

I have 4 sticks of TridentZ running at 3600mhz. The model of the ram is in their Compatibility list. The CPU is non overclocked.
Specs:
Ryzen 3500
Aorus B550 elite v2
TridentZ RGB 8X4 3600Mhz
MSI RX6600
Kingston Nvme 250gb as boot (95% health), Wd sn550, mx500 1000gb as game drive both 100% health.
Antec EAG 750W

So can anyone help to pinpoint what exactly is causing these BSOD's and why they are happening on the new motherboard 99% of the time just after the login screen and going to desktop. Motherboard doesn't seem faulty to me.
Four sticks of RAM at 3600. Was this a single matched set? If not, you need to run MEMTEST overnight to verify the stability of your RAM.

Four sticks of RAM at 3600. Was this a single matched set? If not, you need to run MEMTEST overnight to verify the stability of your RAM.
Yes all sticks are from same manufacturing lot of same week of same year. They are two kits of two sticks each with serials right behind each other. As per CPUz and Thaiphoon Burner all the chiplets inside also are from same manufacturing lot.

Will try Memtest. Do note that these BSOD's started occuring on the new motherboard and the old motherboard was fine and didn't give any BSOD's. Also the BSOD for the wifi card is pretty new to me so can that be the cause as Wifi loads as soon as we login to Windows?

kanewolf

Titan
Yes all sticks are from same manufacturing lot of same week of same year. They are two kits of two sticks each with serials right behind each other. As per CPUz and Thaiphoon Burner all the chiplets inside also are from same manufacturing lot.
But they weren't matched by the manufacturer as a single set. IMO, two sets is two sets. You need to test them for stability.

But they weren't matched by the manufacturer as a single set. IMO, two sets is two sets. You need to test them for stability.
Memtest86 passed with 0 errors.
Also one thing I forgot to mention that sometimes the motherboard will randomly throw a rapid 3 beep code during post shutdown and then boot again.

T98fAfD.jpeg

Feb 29, 2024
this may be a shot in the dark, but... way back the triple beep on gigabyte mobo post attempt failure was dimm connection issue try checking all dimm and dimm socket contacts for possible damage or dirt. the contact can connect sometimes and not others and account for solid tests while also causing random BSODs

this may be a shot in the dark, but... way back the triple beep on gigabyte mobo post attempt failure was dimm connection issue try checking all dimm and dimm socket contacts for possible damage or dirt. the contact can connect sometimes and not others and account for solid tests while also causing random BSODs
It was memory stability issue. I was running all 4 sticks at 3600 overloading thr memory controller. I dialled it down to 3400 and it's working fine now.