Question BSOD in mid-game with error message "Winload.efi missing or corrupt" ?

Feb 24, 2024
This only happens during gaming however after i force reboot from the power button my pc starts up as normal and is fine processing anything else however only gaming causes it
Specs are relatively new:

Ryzen 7 5700x
RTX 3060 ti
ASUS x570 MB
32gb RAM 3200 mhz
thermaltake 650w gold standard psu
OS windows 10 19045

Any ideas?

I'm also booting from an M.2 SSD. However it's screwed into a M.2-to-PCIe adapter and plugged into my second PCIe 16 slot.

Personally I think its the graphics card or the M.2 but I had this same issue previously and changing the PSU seemingly fixed it but now it's back.
Any suggestions or solutions would be much appreciated
Thanks guys/gals

This only happens during gaming however after i force reboot from the power button my pc starts up as normal and is fine processing anything else however only gaming causes it
Specs are relatively new:

Ryzen 7 5700x
RTX 3060 ti
ASUS x570 MB
32gb RAM 3200 mhz
thermaltake 650w gold standard psu
OS windows 10 19045

Any ideas?

I'm also booting from an M.2 SSD. However it's screwed into a M.2-to-PCIe adapter and plugged into my second PCIe 16 slot.

Personally I think its the graphics card or the M.2 but I had this same issue previously and changing the PSU seemingly fixed it but now it's back.
Any suggestions or solutions would be much appreciated
Thanks guys/gals
Which ASUS x570 do you have there is more than one model.

Angel Fernandez

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2015
Make sure you cooling fans on the VIDEO CARD are spinning. I have this board and there is no BIOS control to handle video card fans.
You must use software to get the fans spinning.
Otherwise the video card just sits there and overheats.