[SOLVED] BSOD system service exception Error with new pc

alexbeast

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2013
Just recently built a pc and after I installed all my drivers I downloaded cyberpunk and went afk for a bit. The system restarted when I came back and ever since then it’s randomly taking me to a blue screen that says “your pc needs to restart” with the error code “system service exception”. I’m also having trouble running games I can run cyberpunk for about 5-10 seconds before it crashes and also my discord keeps reconnecting and disconnecting me especially when I boot a game. I’m gonna try to reinstall Windows but I really hope this isn’t a hardware issue :/. If anyone could help me I would appreciate it I’m pretty upset about it. I also got a different system error after my game crashed but I don’t remember the code I’ll definitely post it when I get home later tonight.
Ryzen 7 5800x
RTX 3080
Asus Rog strix b550-a motherboard
850w psu
1tb Samsung NVME
240r Msi liquid cooler
32 gb TridentZ ram

Solution
check you have latest bios for motherboard

check you have latest chipset drivers - https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/b550

regardless of if you reinstall or not, make sure this is set up to collect dumps

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed...

Colif

Win 11 Master

check you have latest chipset drivers - https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/b550

regardless of if you reinstall or not, make sure this is set up to collect dumps

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

what make/model PSU?

Solution

alexbeast

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2013
Corsair RM850x for the psu and also I’m using an unlicensed version of windows ( was planning on getting a key I just wanted to run the OS to make sure everything works) idk if that helps but I’ll follow your steps and post the link ASAP

alexbeast

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2013

5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .
what make/model PSU?
I updated my mb bios and everything is good to go no crashes at all. Would you still want me to create the file dump? assuming this file dump will let you analyze the issues but if im not getting anymore crashes I dont see the point but LMK and ill have no problem creating them for you ! Thanks so much for helping btw this community is amazing