Nov 7, 2021
I've made a thread about this before, but that was apparently only my temporary solution. I've recently gotten my new pc back from the shop, I was using my old 1030 build before this new one and it could run Minecraft without a BSOD on launch. Now I got my SSD replaced around 5 days ago in this new build,
it has:

980 GPU,
650W PSU,
Maximus Hero VII Motherboard,
i-7 4790k CPU
500GB SSD
Windows 10

Whenever I now launch Minecraft, the best I get to is the home screen with the Singleplayer and Multiplayer options then my computer bluescreens.
It's been doing this ever since I got my build back, someone please help or tell me what's wrong.

Last edited:

MrLitschel

Commendable
Nov 7, 2021
I would probably start with that. This way you can make sure everything is working correctly. Most repair shops when installing the OS, will just get it working. (ie: Windows 10 Loads - good to go). They don't do updates, drivers, etc. Just make sure you have a backup off your data before you start.

MrLitschel

Commendable
Nov 7, 2021
There are plenty of things you can do instead. For myself I, a clean install should fix anything that the repair shop did or didn't do., but you can go through these guides. The BSOD error is vague enough but what I have been reading for "quick fixes" , do a memory test first. These guides show that procedure also.

Nov 7, 2021
There are plenty of things you can do instead. For myself I, a clean install should fix anything that the repair shop did or didn't do., but you can go through these guides. The BSOD error is vague enough but what I have been reading for "quick fixes" , do a memory test first. These guides show that procedure also.

I did a reset, MC is still blue screening.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

Clock watchdog timeout can be a CPU error. Are you overclocked?
980 GPU,
650W PSU,
Maximus Hero VII Motherboard,
i-7 4790k CPU
500GB SSD
Windows 10

What make/model PSU?

MrLitschel

Commendable
Nov 7, 2021
If it is only doing it in Minecraft Java , check your setting in the launcher are defaults. To reset it, delete the options.txt file from you minecraft directory. ( I am assuming you are using the latest version ). you can access the directory at %appdata%\.minecraft